Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 06-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #41
Sarris

What Winter??

Since I live just north of Tampa Bay, I ride all year long. The worst it gets is 45 degrees or so, not much lower. In the "winter", I just wear a heavy leather jacket, gloves, & a 3/4 helmet when it gets "cold". Most times its a half police style helmet, t-shirt, jeans, & boots. I know y'all are going to beat me up for not wearing a ballistic jacket and full face helmet, but most times, but it's just too damn hot. I'll take my chances without the jacket rather than have a heat stroke while riding.

We do have a rainy season. My philosphy is don't leave in the rain, but I don't stop if it rains while I'm riding. Of course unless you can't see, or its blowing sideways or a hurricane. The all year riding is why I live here. I have put 28,000 miles on my 2006 Harley Street Glide, 12,000 miles on my 2006 Harley Sportster 1200 (both about 22 months old) and 12,000 miles on my 2005 GZ (just about 30 months old). I also have a car that rarely sees use, as my GZ is my errand/ short commute bike. It's at least as much fun or more than the Harleys. Ask Badbob, he lives in north Florida, he probably rides most days as well. If you want to ride all year round, get the hell out of the great white north!!
:cool:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #42
Carl

Yeah I hear ya! Unfortunately there are a lot of other reasons to NOT live on the East Coast for me. In fact I lived in Alaska for twelve years before I moved down here so I am getting more riding time than I would up there. We have Snowmachines for the rest of the year, which are a total hoot.

Hey, don't let anybody tell you how you have to dress when you ride. It's all about personal freedom. I am fortunate enough to live in a state with no helmet laws and I take advantage of that from time to time too. I don't really care what anyone else's opinion is about that, It MY head. That's the great thing about being an adult and making decisions for ourselves, and these decisions don't affect ANYONE else. I don't need anyone telling me that I HAVE to wear a seatbelt or a helmet. I don't need laws to protect me from myself. That's my $.02 anyway.

Peace Y'all and happy riding!! :chop: :chop: