Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #51
Goose51683

Re: First time bobber project

After several carb dissassemblies I apparently did something right...no idea what but its running a bit better. I am still getting sputtering but it is right around 1/4 throttle but no longer at full throttle. I did drop down to a 135 jet.

Next step tonight will be adjusting the low end screw on the carb. other than drilling out the screw this sounds pretty straight forward....but so did everything else.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #52
Goose51683

After several carb disassemblies I apparently did something right...no idea what but its running a bit better. I am still getting sputtering but it is right around 1/4 throttle but no longer at full throttle. I did drop down to a 135 jet.

Next step tonight will be adjusting the low end screw on the carb. other than drilling out the screw this sounds pretty straight forward....but so did everything else.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #53
Goose51683

Lot has happened in the past couple days.

First I figured out what was wrong with the carb and I feel like an idiot. Apparently then you put the plastic piece that backs the needle in you have to push it in there pretty tight. I wasn't doing that and therefore I was getting to much fuel into the carb hence the sputter. So I fixed that and it runs like a champ.

The very next day I learned a valuable lesson about ensuring that EVERYTHING is secure on your bike. apparently at one time or another I forgot to tighten the air filter onto the back of the carb...considering I took it off and on about 3 dozen times...anyways. The air filter came off, apparently went between the frame and the wheel and knocked off one of the fuse blocks. This isn't normal but since I relocated all the electrical it was right in the line of fire. Flash forward to me on the side of the road walking back and forth trying to find the remains of my air filter and the fuse block. I found the fuse block which amazingly was still in good shape. I popped it back on and was able to start the bike up. I was forced to ride the bike back home with no air filter, which I know is horrible but there was no choice.

So I get the bike home and scour the town for an air filter....nothing, anywhere. So I know I have to get an air filter on there so I jury rig, glue, hose clamp and zip tie the old original air filter into a position that will fit the carb directly. So that is installed and we are all good. Actually I like the look of it and the thought of recycling the old parts is nice too.

Next day I received a couple bar end mirrors which I installed and I think they look great. I'll attach a couple pics here shortly.

So now you are all up to date.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #54
Goose51683

Here are the latest images of my bike.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #55
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

This is looking good, man.

How is your ticking problem coming along?

Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #56
Goose51683

I think you commented on the other post but for everyone else it's not looking good. The bike ticked then died and now only clunks when I try to start it.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #57
Goose51683

Bike is still dead but while I've all this extra time waiting on parts and figuring out what I'm gonna try next I've made some visual changes. Thought you all might be interested to see.

Granted I've dinged up a lot of what I did while troubleshooting.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
Brandelle

I love builds where there's not unlimited resources and people use their own creativity.

Have you thought about removing the reflector that's by the horn?

And do you have to have your front turn signals? It'd clean up the lines just a bit if they were removed.

Good on you for your uniqueness, keep it up.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #59
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandelle
I love builds where there's not unlimited resources and people use their own creativity.

Have you thought about removing the reflector that's by the horn?

And do you have to have your front turn signals? It'd clean up the lines just a bit if they were removed.

Good on you for your uniqueness, keep it up.
Signal light and reflector requirements vary from state to state. Best talk to one of your local LEOs. Smile, be nice and you will more info a lot sooner. Best of all is having a riding buddy who is also a cop. Works well for me.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #60
Brandelle

Just looked it up out of curiosity...

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rig ... stateid=14