Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #61
alanmcorcoran

Re: How cold IS it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Too bad, maybe they singled you out.
I just tried it again and I have no problem accessing it.
I guess that link only works for me. Are you registered anywhere on Google, like with Gmail? If so, if you logged in, maybe you could access it.
I'm going to go back to it and see if there's any settings to let anyone view it. There was an area to insert emails to send it to, I don't think it could be sent to GZ250bike.com.
Yeah, it actually addressed me by my gmail account (which I tried to disguise... I am the world's largest recipient of spam.)

I'm a big Google user. I just went through this whole ppt thing with my dad (my sister had sent him a ppt for Christmas) and at that time I couldn't find a Google viewer. Probably didn't look in the right place.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #62
alanmcorcoran

It's working for me now. Whatever you did opened it up.

Some pretty great pictures...
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #63
mrlmd1

New link - this should work now. Someone let me know.
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id= ... _0fxjtw3fx

Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #64
mr. softie

How cold IS it? Not as cold here as wherever those slides were taken! The link works now when I log into my Google account. Thanks. I have lived in Wisconsin and the Colorado mountains, and have lived in weather like that, but got soft living in Arizona and North Carolina before moving to PA. Now 45-50 seems awful cold, and an inch of snow is a total bummer.

The temperature never got above 20 F here today :shocked: It is 12 F now :??: WTF!!! Might get up to 45 or so by Sunday!!! :cool: Been looking for apts. in Florida :2tup: (online) :lol:

My new 16 tooth sprocket did arrive today (from Bike Bandit), and I am doing a complete maintenance on the old GZ tomorrow. New brake pads, new front sprocket, new rear drive cushion, valve check, lube, oil and filter, clean and lube chain, wax and polish etc. Also finishing a rear rack I've been working on, and putting the big wind shield back on. Spring can't come too soon for me.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #65
mrlmd1

How's this for cold weather protection instead of a balaclava? Just don't wear it into the bank.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5147222/joker-ski- ... s-than-one

Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #66
mrlmd1

Went for a ride yesterday and the leather pants block the wind fine and keep your thighs fairly comfortable, but wind still gets up underneath the bottom leg opening to chill your shins and lower legs. Other than taller socks, taller boots, elastic at the bottom of your pants to keep the air out (like on sweatpants or equivalent), any other ideas on keeping your lower legs warm and the wind out? I thought of straps with a snap buckle or velcro to close off the bottom of the pants but that would be kind of ugly even if it worked.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #67
alanmcorcoran

My Caliber Tourmasters's have exactly that, velcro straps. And I have mid height Alpinestars Ridge boots (with thickish socks.) Usually it's my hands that are cold but I bought a monster pair of gauntlet gloves when i went out with M. Hoosier last week.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #68
caroledee1

To borrow from a Beatles song, "It's been a long, cold, lonely winter. Here comes the sun and I say it's alright!" Took my first ride in

about three months. Rode 36 miles in 60 degrees with sunshine. A bit gusty (40 mph gusts), but it's alright. The good it did my heart

is immeasurable. My bike sat outside under a cover. The same as the last three winters, I started it up with no problem. Didn't have to

prime it. Left the battery in it again and it was fine. Chance of snow on Saturday, but today is golden. :biggrin:
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #69
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroledee1
My bike sat outside under a cover. The same as the last three winters, I started it up with no problem.
I got in about 20 miles this afternoon but had somewhat of a problem. Mine was in the shop last week for a valve check and spark plug. I had a terrible time getting the idle speed set right.

I think Alan called Sportland and told them to mess it up so it would be like his !!! :biggrin:
Think I finally got it right; I think the cold temp. had a lot to do with it.

How did your baby like the cold weather ??
Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #70

I got in about 15 miles - warm today, 60 degrees or so, but wet from all the melting snow, so I didn't feel like I could relax, what with taking it slow through the puddles and/or avoiding monster potholes. Felt good just the same. Such a tease though. We are hardly done with winter, but it does make me wonder. Easy and others in the great Midwest, when do you start riding for good? Middle of March? Not until April?

Keith