Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #71
Easy Rider

Re: Stalling during first fifteen minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Let's call an end to this and have ? peace again.
Deep breath. Ooooommmmmmmm !!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #72
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider

Lead is POISON. The tailpipes where you live are spewing poison all the time.
So how come the monitoring (& the results are freely available to anyone who wants them, as well as being published in a shortened version in the newspapers) shows up as acceptable? Also, there's no problem with breathing over here. There's certainly none of the "chewable" air that Alan mentioned. If I had the slightest suspicion that there was anything at all wrong with the quality of the air I would be up there on the bandwagon with the greens, like a shot, but, in all honesty, the air is fine.
I think that one of the main problems in America (& it seems to be spreading to other countries) is litigation. Everybody seems to want to cover every eventuality, so they can't be sued. "Hell. yes! Lets put a little cannister on the bikes. It might only remove one thousandth percent of the pollution, but, hey, we'll look like the good guys"
Cutting down on pollution is one thing. Going completely over the top is another issue completely.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #73
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:

Lead is POISON. The tailpipes where you live are spewing poison all the time.
So how come the monitoring (& the results are freely available to anyone who wants them, as well as being published in a shortened version in the newspapers) shows up as acceptable?
So what are they monitoring and exactly what are they looking for?

Tailpipe emissions pollute not only the air but water,the earth, plants, animals, etc. The lead ends up in EVERYTHING and stays there for a LONG time. Has your country banned mercury thermometers (and other consumer devices) yet? How about DDT?

This discussion is going WAY too far for this forum but since we are being somewhat candid about our feelings, try this one on for size:
I think maybe all the lead spewed into the atmosphere over the last 90 years or so is having a cumulative affect on our brains.......and making us all collectively more stupid. Something sure is doing it. :shocked:

I quit.......before I get in (more) trouble. :biggrin:

Old 03-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #74
alantf

Hey easy,
O.k., no more arguments. I'm not knocking anyone who wants a better world.
Just do something for me, if you've got a few moments to spare, then you'll see how much the Tinerfeños care about the Island. Go to www.secret-tenerife.com/ This is like a kind of news letter, & you'll see the campaigns going on, against the building of an industrial port in Granadilla (a little fishing village), ecological issues, and support for protected species, etc.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #75
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
This is like a kind of news letter, & you'll see the campaigns going on, against the building of an industrial port in Granadilla (a little fishing village), ecological issues, and support for protected species, etc.
So now I'm confused. Are you for or against those kinds of initiatives? If you agree with those things, how can you also complain about efforts to limit the pollution from cars....and other things industrial ?? and apparently think it is alright to still spew lead into the air ??

Something is wrong with this picture. :??:

AND to get back to the original subject.........it it becoming pretty obvioius that something on my bike is "broken" and my complaint is not the result of misplaced engineering in an attempt to reduce tailpipe emissions. Lots of others do not have the same complaint. I will get it fixed eventually.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #76
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
I get your point, but I don't believe it is too low.
Make up your ficking mind, OK?
First it was, now it isn't. :??:
:skull:
I should have said it was too low by your standards, or for your circumstances. If it had been this low before, I wouldn't have been able to get past any stop signs or traffic lights without stalling.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #77
alantf

Quote:

So now I'm confused. Are you for or against those kinds of initiatives?
What I'm trying to say is - disregarding my feelings - if there was a problem regarding air purity, or lead pollution,the Tinerfeños would raise such a fuss that you'd hear them in Madrid.

Regarding the bike problems, I still think that the relatively week mixture (to meet American emmission laws (as has been pointed out before)) has something to do with the problems that seem to be restricted to American GZs. I'm not saying that this is the total problem, but I'm sure it contributes.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #78
music man

Quote:
Quote:
That message ended up sounding very close to GZ bashing.
Yeah, a little bit. Guilty as charged. Honest though.

Patrick? Sarris? Anybody else riding a GZ along with something a lot bigger? Am I crazy or do you feel just a teensy silly on the Suzi? I'm 5'11" which I thought was sort of average height until I got on here and heard all the pants complaints. Those experienced riders that are 6'2" must be very secure.

The Reason YOU feel that way is the same reason you didn't just get a bigger bike, you got one of the BIGGEST bikes out there, because you worry that OTHER PEOPLE are gonna think you are silly looking riding a little GZ. Its called keeping up with, or in your case, outdoing the Jone's. Now don't get me wrong I understand why people get bigger bikes than the GZ, I would probably be more comfortable room and power wise on a bigger bike, but that doesn't mean that I am going to let some silly macho tradition of "you have to have the biggest bike on the planet or you not a man" stop me from enjoying myself on the GZ. I personally think you have to be more of a man to ride a small motorcycle, not because what everyone thinks, but because it takes a hell of a lot more endurance and mental toughness to ride the GZ hundreds of miles than it does a freakin' Hummer on two wheels.

I don't feel silly and I don't give a rats f@#king ass if anyone else thinks I am silly looking on it, and I am 6'1" 200 pounds. You felt that way about the GZ long before you got the StratoTank. So if and when I do get a bigger bike (which I probably will) the one I get won't be dictated by how I think people perceive me on the GZ.

P.S. My apologies in advance to Dupo and Patrick if this starts a war, but you know, coming on the GZ site and kinda bashing the Idea of riding a GZ (and this is not the first time by the way) is probably not a Good thing (no matter how much of your money you donate to said site), and considering I OWN a GZ I really didn't like it. And just for the record, Dupo AND Patrick, and a lot of other people on this site own other bikes besides the GZ, and I have never once heard any of them put down the Idea of riding a GZ.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #79
music man

Quote:
To be blunt, after riding a big displacement bike, it's difficult for me to view the GZ as a serious motorcycle. I know by many measures it is, but, the thing is so small and works so hard to go 55 that I've come to see it as a sort of an eccentric novelty.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #80
alanmcorcoran

Music, I posted a lengthy semi apology but it got lost when I submitted it. I can't recapture it, but it boiled down to:
1) I was sincere when I said the GZ feels funny when I get back on it.
2) I understand the practicality of the bike and its appeal to those that are riding mainly for practicality. I'm more of a "fun" rider.
3) I shouldn't have asked Patrick or Sarris to bail me out.

Sorry.