Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #71
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: TU 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Forward controls; pain in the ass. Forward bars; pain in the back. What a LOUSY combination when you have both.
FYI, this is my precise criticism of the Shadow I bought. It feels like I'm trying to touch my toes, which I'm not sure I've actually been able to do for a while.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #72
prof_stack

[quote=patrick_777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prof_stack":3d8rep6m
We're getting a cheaper bike with a better fuel delivery system. As far as styling it might be that the cruiser motif is fading a little. If the chrome trim pieces were actual metal I'd be for it. Plastic chrome is ... plastic. Forward foot controls are a pain in the butt after awhile. As much as I like the look of the cruisers I prefer a more standard position when riding. But the seat cushion has to be decent so I hope the TU has decent padding.
You do realize that we are not "attacking" you when we criticize the TU250, right? You seem to take this REALLY personal as if the TU is somehow going to be better than the GZ...WTF dude?[/quote:3d8rep6m]Patrick, this is the problem with written communication: The intent can get lost in the letters. I have no problem with any of these posts and have not felt "attacked" in any way. Nothing personal for me, either. Stating my opinion doesn't mean I'm on the defensive. I'm not.

The GZ is a great looking bike, a small cruiser. The TU is different, a small standard. To each his own.

I'm really relaxed after returning just now from a 133 mile ride in gorgeous 70 degree weather here in the Seattle area. The Guzzi ran great. Max Leight earplugs are wonderful. Let's chill and go riding.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #73
Water Warrior 2

The GZ will live on for many years but probably not in North America or Europe because of emissions. Third world countries will import the GZ b/c it is good proven transportation and anyone can keep it running with minimal care.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #74
NavyDad6

I just put some money down on the only TU in the Western Washington area (according to the dealer). They had got one into Everett on the 8th and I got to look and touch on the 9th. I was going to get the GZ, but after seeing a FI version, I wanted to wait for the TU.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #75
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

It would be great for some pics and a full-on review when you get it. Let us know.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #76
alantf

Quote:

The only thing I would change about the GZ is the position of the pegs/controls.
Hey .... you're making me feel deformed! I'm 5' 9", 160 lbs, 32" trouser length, & nearly everything feels fine to me. I don't even get the sore backside after an hour's riding. The only thing I'd like is the handlebars coming back a coupla inches, so I could lean further back (I even recline the car seat back further than anyone I know) but I know that I could tilt the bars back a bit (if I could be bothered). I've even seen gzs with highway pegs on the engine guard, & that would throw the rider's legs even further forward. Not for me - but to each his own. Like I said, I must be happily deformed.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #77
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:

The only thing I would change about the GZ is the position of the pegs/controls.
Like I said, I must be happily deformed.
No, I think you are closer to "average" than I am......and on the other side.
Pulling the bars back is quite easy; I pulled mine back a LOT and then had to undo it a bit for the latest windshield. An inch or two should be no problem but you DO need to reposition the levers and mirrors a bit. The whole process shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #78
prof_stack

Driving home today I saw the new TU-250x in front of Aurora Suzuki in Seattle. I stopped and talked with sales manager Mike. Nice guy. He said that test rides were not permitted unless the rider was serious about buying the new 250cc. Fair enough. Perhaps when more models arrive he will let us lookie-Lou's go out on one.

Full MSRP and shipping/setup and WA state license and tax: $4760 out the door. No discounts available yet.

Here are some Photobucket pictures presented without comment:

Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #79
Water Warrior 2

Good pics there partner. Not too sure if I like the bike or not but would like to take one for a spin around the neighborhood to find out.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #80
patrick_777

I seriously think I'm starting to come around to the look of this bike. I really just think I want to put clip-ons and a cafe seat on it though...
That engine looks a lot smaller without the cylinder head covers and that single exhaust.

Nice pics prof. Keep 'em coming.