Sarris

Re: Luggage Rack

:plus1: :fu: :skull:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #82
mrlmd1

I guess we all told him off.
One can't help the free association that goes on here as well as on every other message board/forum.
That's one of the things that make it more lively and interesting, after we voice our expert opinions on trying to help out get a question answered. We are a fairly large and diverse community with a common interest, but all individuals.
It all gets sorted out in the end and nobody on here really takes much offense at other's comments if they offer a different opinion.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #83
music man

There is something I have noticed, that the common outsider of this group might not notice, we might have our little squabbles over grammar and "how much of a wuss you are if you wear ATGATT or how much of a idiot you are if you don't" :poked: but you see what happens when someone comes in and tries to flame one of us(or in this case, all of us) we join together as a group and let him/her know that we are still a band of GZ brothers at the end of the day. And we don't take any shit off of anybody but each other(and sometimes we dont do that well).

Later

Old 11-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #84
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I'm with SavingFuel. You guys suck and don't know anything about motorcycles.

Why do you even bother maintaining this forum? :shocked: It doesn't have any useful information inside this ONE post that we were searching. How dare you A-holes :curse: have conversations outside the context of the very generic thread title/topic.
It makes me sick to think that I once considered myself apart of this blatantly useless organization :crutches: . There is absolutely no information on this site that might answer this guy's question.... Where do you people get off? :banana: :crash:
Old 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #85
mrlmd1

I beg to differ with you, Oh "LOF". Out of the 4 pages on this particular thread, there is at least a page and a half early on dedicated to luggage and racks, and you even directed someone on page 2 to a link. It's true, the last 2/3 of it are way off the track, but that's tough. There are a lot of people out there with too much time on their hands and we all miss talking to each other. Maybe SF never read the early parts of this thread or looked at any others on here in his search on this forum.

By the way, did you get his previous ride, "A cheap Chinese scooter that came with a backrest/rack combo and a trunk that had a lid that hinged a few inches behind the backrest, so it opened without having to modify anything" ?? when you sold your GZ.?
And did you join the Chinese scooter forum too, to become their Lord?:??: We have to know these things.
(Don't take it so hard, we all jest with our friends and loved ones.) :roll: :cool: :poked:

Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #86
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I don't spend much time on the China-bike forums. They spend so much time talking about dropping the front and covering the whole stupid thing in chrome. They don't really offer much. Plus, the scoots are so simple anyway, it's not really necessary.

This guy downgraded by buying a GZ250. These bikes fall apart and aren't fast enough to beat my grandmother in a street race. If I was going to buy a Gz250, I'd first buy the big bore kit that I saw in another post. That looks like a really cool idea. I'll bet installing that beast will get me up to 90mph and a 1/4 mile time in the low teens. BOOYAH!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #87
mrlmd1

:bong:
LOF has totally lost it. His mind went with the bike. :poked: :haha:
Or maybe he's trying to keep SF from coming back again??
Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #88
alantf

Replying to "Saving Fuel" about the weight that can be carried in a box mounted behind the backrest (Why on earth do you call them "sissy bars"?)
I just keep loading my box until I can't get any more in, & the bike has never done a wheelie. Having said that, last week one of the brackets between the side arm & the rack (around 1" x 1/8") snapped, but I think that this was down to a flaw in the metal. I took it down to the local car repair shop & they welded it up. Unfortunately the guy who welded it would have been better employed sweeping the street, as it snapped again within two days.
Not to be outdone, I cut off both brackets, ground the welds off, & made 2 new bolt on brackets out of angle steel. A quick spray of black paint (to match the bike) & I've now got two sturdier (& I think , better looking) brackets. I'll just have to see if I can get any more weight in the box!

Replying to "alanmacorcoran" about different styles of back boxes. The SHAD range of plastic boxes are both stylish & quickly removable with a key. Over here they're not cheap, but they are strong & they look nice. I don't know if you can get them in America. Mine is a SHAD 46, & it's big enough to get two helmets in, when we park up, but they do them in a host of sizes & colours. (Hey guys, note the English spelling of colours!)
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #89
Water Warrior 2

I am way too familiar with Shad boxes. Have 3 on the VStrom. A 46 top box and 2 / 39 sides. The 46 is good but the side cases are junk in my opinion. A matched pair with all the same molding defects and poor fit which means extra work to mount then on the racks. The racks themselves are a horror beyond belief. A simple bolt on rack should not take a week of modifying said racks and bike to make things usable. I even had to enlist my local Yamaha dealer to use his shop for some of the mods to the rack and brackets. I thought I would save a small amount over the Givi cases and also support a Canadian distributor rather than American. Never again will I go that route. Really didn't save any $ and the stress/mods were too much...............Yup this is a bit of a rant but I would have been better off with tupperware and bungy cords.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #90
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhedfred
RavingFool er uh......SavingFuel hasn't visited us for a few days, but in case he does......here's a nice, relatively inexpensive luggage rack for ya buuuuuudee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-G ... enameZWDVW

Best of luck and much love

MHF
80 flippin $$ Not in this lifetime.