Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
apaz

Not if......but when.

Well, it was bound to happen. I unfortunately had to lay my baby down. Long story short, I'm good, sore and bruised but otherwise unharmed. Also, my bike started right back up like a champ and pending the damage assessment by the professionals, pretty much the damage I (and their first look on check in) is cosmetic.
That being said, I was wondering what this awesome community could provide me along the lines of GZ parts providers.
I'm in Seattle, so junk yards, dealers, parts places, local would be cool.
Or websites with good reputations and decent prices, or just overall advice on the process.
Appreciate any help that's offered and I look forward to it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-09-2014, 03:46 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

What were the circumstances that you had to lay it down?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #3
alantf

Try "free classifieds" on this site. You might find what you want, plus postage.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Filthee

Glad to hear that you were more or less unharmed
Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
apaz

Well Water Warrior 2, to keep it short and sweet I was travelling along, on a non highway road, and there is a HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane that was available for motorcycles also. I had been cruising a bit and then traffic started to build up a bit. I decided to move over into that lane and the one 20 foot window that I decided to make the move there were these tiny barriers and well I tried stopping and just barely did so when my front wheel caught a piece of it and turned the bike over on it's side and me sliding down the road a short bit. Luckily it was wet so I slid rather than scraped. Had all my proper gear on so that helped considerably.
Just heard back from the shop and they sent me a list of stuff to go over, going to do that once I finish this post.

Thanks alantf, I'll keep an eye out for parts. I was also turned on to a motorcycle salvage spot near Seattle that I am going to check out also.

Thanks of the concern Filthee.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Let us know what parts you NEED and what parts can be had later.

Body parts are always going to be expensive unless you find someone who is parting out a bike that was damaged from the section that yours wasn't.

We always recommend www.ronayers.com for most factory parts. And even if you don't use that site, it's microfiche and all of the available part numbers are immensely helpful in locating the same part of different sites or for cross reference. So I'll go ahead and mention it.

Give us the part break down and we can help you further.

And for the record, everyone goes down. Don't let it mess with your psyche or anything. You had on gear, as you should, and you got up and walked away nearly unscathed because of it. Take not, everyone reading this thread or who has ever been on two wheels.

Last edited by jonathan180iq; 04-11-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Ah, now I understand. You really didn't lay it down. Circumstances pulled the road out from under you. Yeah it can happen to anyone at any time. That is why I always stress riding gear and such. Glad you had on your riding gear or there might have been more than bruises and aches.
If my thinking is correct the little barrier is more of a raised marker on the road surface between lanes. That is all it would take to bring you down under the right circumstances. Thankfully you could walk away from the mishap and plan to ride again as soon as possible.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
apaz

I like the way you put that Water Warrior. I hope though that I don't have to use it any time soon.
I got the list back from the mechanic and they really only listed one thing as something I should be considered about safety and that was the "right inner fork and seals".

Jonathan 180iq, Going to put up the list when I get a chance to see where to start pecking away at getting her looking pretty again. Going to post some pics also when I get that chance, got to get those before shots.

Thanks again.