Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Need to E-mail pics.

Okay, I am a cluts with a computer so I would like to E-mail some pics to a member to post on other bikes section. Have some pics of Lynda's M-50 which replaced her GZ in February. Any takers ?? Easy, you out there ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Need to E-mail pics.

Send them to me and I'll host them on the site. You can also attach them to posts if you want, unless they're too big.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Okay, I am a cluts with a computer so I would like to E-mail some pics to a member to post on other bikes section. Have some pics of Lynda's M-50 which replaced her GZ in February. Any takers ?? Easy, you out there ?
Sure, I'd be happy to help.......but if you can find the pictures on your OWN computer to attach them to an email, you should be able to find them to attach here too.

Notice the HUGE lettering at the bottom of the message input box.......vvv DOWN THERE vvv "click here......". Give it a try, it really does work!!

In the popup window, click the Browse button and find the picture on your own computer; click on it and then select OPEN. Back at the first popup box, click upload. Bingo.

Just do ONE at first so we can check for size, etc.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Oh what the HEY. Haven't locked up my computer in a while so I'll give it a shot. Some forms of technology and I just seem to lock horns and accomplish nothing but it is a good day to try. But a little later. Gotta go see a doctor about keeping me alive and healthy
Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
alantf

Don't worry! I had the same problem - got the same advice - suddenly everything clicked into place - end of problem!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Okay, now what ? Was doing great(well sort of)and it would not upload due to size, too large. How does one shrink a file ?? I only clicked on one pic to try uploading.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Okay, now what ? Was doing great(well sort of)and it would not upload due to size, too large. How does one shrink a file ?? I only clicked on one pic to try uploading.
You're probably gonna need some on-site help with that. Know any 10 year old kids in the neighborhood ??
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
BusyWeb

Hi, there.
I assume that your computer OS is XP...
Then, try this Image Resizer from Microsoft; called XP Power Toys.

Image Resizer download link. (less then 1 mb size)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx

After install, you can resize your image very easily from Explorer File list.
Just right click an Image that you want resize, and chosse the output size at the pop-up Window.
To resize many photos at once, just select images by using Crtl key or Shift key, and then right mouse click >>>> will do resize all the selected images at once.

It will save alot of time to resize images.

If OS is not XP, then just Google it... there are some free application for this specific job,
Resize Images without open them on the Image Editing applications...

^^;
Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyWeb
Hi, there.
I assume that your computer OS is XP...
Then, try this Image Resizer from Microsoft; called XP Power Toys.

Image Resizer download link. (less then 1 mb size)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx

After install, you can resize your image very easily from Explorer File list.
Just right click an Image that you want resize, and chosse the output size at the pop-up Window.
To resize many photos at once, just select images by using Crtl key or Shift key, and then right mouse click >>>> will do resize all the selected images at once.

It will save alot of time to resize images.

If OS is not XP, then just Google it... there are some free application for this specific job,
Resize Images without open them on the Image Editing applications...

^^;
BusyWeb, you obviously know a truckload more than I ever will when it comes to computers. A lot of the simple things on computers are similar to brain surgery for an old guy who never knew about a calculator until his twenty's and even then a good one cost more than a computer today. If you are willing, send me an e-mail at bobnorton@shaw.ca and I will reply with the pics. Then you can work your magic and everyone can see Lynda's "M-50".
Old 06-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

WW,

Below the submit button on the reply window, there is a place that says "Upload Attachment", where you can add the file to your post. Try that first.

Note that this is not the "Click here to add an image" link...this is below the blue bar and the preview, submit, save and cancel buttons.