Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: Head gask. or exhaust man. gask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun
Nah, I am a pretty good guy. I am currently waiting to see what happens. The deal sympathized with me. He said that he has never seen these kinds of issues with a 250 this new. He placed a call into his Suzuki rep to see what can be done cost wise. In the mean time the head has been sent out to be trimmed and the gaskets ordered. Just who is going to pay for all this is yet to be seen. I PRAY it is not me. The deal did imply that they would give me a break.
Sounds like the dealer is working with you and not just brushing you aside. If the head is actually warped a bit this should solve the problem. And just maybe(?) he can talk the Suzuki rep into covering the work as a condition that was there from day one. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #22
tommygun

Well I finally got my bike back. Problem was a bad crack in my exhaust pipe, that led to lose of back pressure, which led to a hot spot, which led to a warp, which led to a head gasket failure. which is when i noticed the problem and took it in.
The total repairs for the decking of the head, gasket replacement, and some welding was $400. Thankfully the dealer cut be a break and is only charging me $75 for the welding (had it sent out to be done I think). I am very grateful. :biggrin:
I have however lost most confidence in the bike. I have a small payment attached to the darn thing and cant really sell it yet. I if major problems like this keep happening I will be riding a bicycle 25 miles to work each day! so what do you guys think...place your bets will I continue to have problems or was this all some freak happenstance?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #23
tommygun

By the way i have no clue how the crack in the pipe happened.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #24
Sarris

As reliable as GeeZers are I'd say freak occurence.

But if you ever get another exhaust leak.......... O_o
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #25
bonehead

I'm going with freak happenstance.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Sounds like Suzuki and your dealer worked together to resolve the problem without breaking your wallet. Can you notice any difference in the noise level now with the exhaust welded up ?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #27
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
As reliable as GeeZers are I'd say freak occurence.

But if you ever get another exhaust leak.......... O_o
+1

Some people just have bad luck with some things though.

I'm betting you will notice right away if you have another exhaust leak though. That DOES tend to make some extra noise.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #28
burkbuilds

I live in Northwest Georgia like you and I rode my 2005 GZ250 55mph 20-25 minutes each way to school and back 5 days a week and once a week 55mph for about 35-40 minutes each way to visit my mom and various other trips and after 12,000 miles in a year, no problems. So, I guess I'm saying that your experience was unusual and probably completely due to the exhaust leak, now having said that, I have no idea what long term effect or damage that might have caused to the engine, hopefully they got it all fixed and you won't have any more problems with it.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #29
mrlmd1

Good you got it fixed. A crack in the exhaust should have been a warranty problem, especially because you brought it back in a few times with a blown head gasket and they didn't find the cause of the problem right away. Instead of welding the pipe, they should have given you a new exhaust and repaired the whole thing for you (again) for free. But I guess you should consider yourself lucky if you got off for only $75. This has to be a rare, one of a kind problem, I don't think no anyone on here ever had that before.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #30
tommygun

Well boys, Upon getting my bike back I took a 8 mile ride to a meeting. Half way there I stopped at a light and looked down to see smoke coming from between my legs! (that is a freaky feeling) I looked at my engine and saw it was covered in oil and smoking. I pulled over and cut the engine off. I called the dealer to come tow it and explained my frustration. They are just as sick of working on it as I am of having it down. I haven't found out what the new problem is yet but am hoping they just didn't tighten it something up? Still think I am prone to freak happenstance? Want me to choose your lottery numbers? I am just that lucky! :retard: