Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #21
rmartin

Re: 8000 miles

Felt really stupid today. I had not been riding much this last week. Working a lot on the farm. Early starts and late nights.

Went to McDonalds today to get lunch for one of the guys, and noticed the mileage was the same as when I left. I thought I had a broken cable. It had only come unscrewed. I think it may have been off for several days. Kept wondering why the mileage hadn't gone up.

Probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle if you are that dumb.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #22
rmartin

Hadn't ridden much lately, but today I rode to check out where they were combining. It is around 15 miles to that field, One guy was having rouble with a tail pipe that came off the diesel muffler. I finally got the clamp off, drove back to the shop to get the part. I was supposed to be on a liesurely ride. Got back to the field, worked on it a few minutes, and then the driver had to take his load in. When he came back I crawled on the cap, and we got it reattached.

Then it was mid afternoon, and the crew formen called, and needed some answers o n a semi. I measured it, and the driver left for the elevator. I left to get something to eat. Ended up work all afternoon. Got home close to 8. Ended up working most of the day, but still managed to ride over 100 miles.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #23
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin
Hadn't ridden much lately, but today I rode to check out where they were combining. It is around 15 miles to that field, One guy was having rouble with a tail pipe that came off the diesel muffler. I finally got the clamp off, drove back to the shop to get the part. I was supposed to be on a liesurely ride. Got back to the field, worked on it a few minutes, and then the driver had to take his load in. When he came back I crawled on the cap, and we got it reattached.

Then it was mid afternoon, and the crew formen called, and needed some answers o n a semi. I measured it, and the driver left for the elevator. I left to get something to eat. Ended up work all afternoon. Got home close to 8. Ended up working most of the day, but still managed to ride over 100 miles.
For a retired guy you sound very busy. At least you aren't wasting away in a rocking chair.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin

For a retired guy you sound very busy. At least you aren't wasting away in a rocking chair.
He should have stayed working as he'd be more relaxed and have time for himself. lol

Old 10-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #25
rmartin

Today after the doctor's appointment, I met the fire trucks, I continued on and went to the post office.

Then when I left I saw the water truck leave.

I rode out to the edge of town and saw the smoke. It turned out about 6 miles east of where I was. I rode out there. It was a combine on fire, as well as the corn field.

Then the head guy I work for called, and asked if I was at the shop. I ran an errand for them, but told them I could not do any more as I had to get my meds as I was completely out, and I had to get them.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #26
rmartin

Turned over 9100 miles today. We went to Walmart to get meds yesterday. As usually we never get all are meds on the first trip. Come close yesterday. The lady said they did not get this one perscription. Wife goes to Doctor's office today, and she showed that she had sent it in. She called it in again, and gave us a hard copy today. I tooke the GZ down today to get it.

Nice day in Illinois for a ride.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
rmartin

yes, on the 75 mpg. I took the Jeep the first day however, it only gets around 18mpg. Actually on the GZ lifetime that I have owned it is around 82 or 83 mpg.

I have tw200's that get even better, but the seat is not as comfortable. That would be hard for some gz owners to believe there is a seat more uncomfortable.

I did buy some other stuff while we were down there in the Jeep.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
rmartin

Nov 20, Well I officially parked the GZ for the winter. I am getting ready to leave for AZ for the winter, and am taking my dual sport Yamaha TW200 to ride in the desert along with the atv's.

Would like to have all my toys out there.

Will be back next spring to report on the 250.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #29
blaine

Hope you filled the tank,added some stabilizer,and changed the oil.
Have a great off-season & Happy Holidays. :cool:

Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #30
JWR

Winter desert pictures are always welcome.
Have a great winter.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."