Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Tag-o-rama Gone Global RULES Thread - No discussion.

Okay folks. I want to try a little "board" game here (get it, HA!). This is based on the pretty common Tag-o-rama game on a few moto boards I participate in regularly, and it's a really good excuse just to get out and ride. The objective is to tag an object by taking pictures of your bike with that object, so you win that tag. The rules are usually held within a particular area, but seeing as we have members all over the world, that wouldn't be feasible, so I'm going to alter the original rules while working to keep the intent the same (get out and ride).

The basic gist of the game is that a person rides around and takes a picture of their bike near the "tagged" object or situation. While they are either on their way to or from the tag, they need to stop and get a new tag. They post the pictures in the thread as a "Found Tag" and a "New Tag" and describe what the objective of the new tag is. I will post an example of a round after this post. Then another person (whoever gets it first) will photograph their bike in that new tag situation and post a new one of their own. There should always only be one tag in play at any one time. Anybody can go for a tag, but the "winner" of the tag is the first one to post their photo in the thread and post the next tag with a description. The "prize" for winning a tag is simply that you get to pick the next tag (with your photo). Again, see my example.

It's not a rule that the new tag and current tag have to be in the same picture. Just on the ride to or from.

Questions are welcome.

Official Rules of Tag-o-rama gone global.

1. Your bike or part of it must be visible in the frame along with your intended target. Camera phones are perfectly acceptable, but the tag's target must be clear in the photo, along with your bike. You may include yourself in the picture, but it's not necessary.

2. Find the 'tag' (which is the photo/location/situation) and reproduce the tag/photo (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture (and the new tag) first, you lose - don't whine. Just go get the new one.

3. You must clearly state in the new tag post, what the tag objective is.

4. The new tag must have been taken either on the way to or on the way from the current tag. This is mandatory for winning the tag. This keeps people from stocking up old photos and just dumping them onto the thread when they have one that matches. Remember, the idea is to get out and ride. Timestamps are nice, but not necessary.

5. If you get the tag, then it's your turn to create a new tag location, get the photo and post it here. The new tag post must clearly state the objective of the tag. See my example.

6. No :poorbaby: or :cuss: If you have a suggestion to improve the game, feel free to contribute, but if you just want to b*tch and moan, do it elsewhere.

7. No Photoshopping....EVER.

8. Before a tag can be reused as a subject, there must be at least three different changes in tag. ie. You can't use a flag, then go get another flag.

9. If the current tag stagnates for three days without anybody tagging it, then the original poster of the tag is eligible to play that tag as if it wasn't theirs.

---

Here's a textual rundown of what a tag/new tag would be:

I post the starting tag, which is my bike next to a flag. In the post, I state "the tag is a flag". Easy Rider knows of a flag right down the street (across town, etc) and jumps on his bike. He takes a picture of his bike next to that flag. On the way back home, he stops by a railroad and takes a picture of his bike next to a train car. He gets home, posts the picture of the "found tag" with the flag, and his "new tag" with the train car. In his post he states clearly that a Train Car is the new tag (which becomes the current tag). The flag is no longer a valid tag.

Sarris knows where a train car is, so he hops on his bike and goes to get it. At the same time, Water Warrior ALSO knows where a train car is and does the same thing. Water Warrior's train car is closer, and he gets back first, posts up a pic of his bike by a train car and a new tag before Sarris does. His new tag is now the tag and Sarris' train car picture is no longer valid, thus WW won the right to offer the new tag.

This continues ad nauseum.

Most important of all is to HAVE FUN and BE CREATIVE. It's not about making a tag impossible to find. Instead, its intention is to get others out on their bikes and riding, and to see the areas around where the other posters live or travel.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Closed Thread