Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

I keep hoping for an early spring. I have my doubts though. Looking forward to getting up on 2 wheels again.

Had a weird dream the other night..........some one stole my CTX! All I could think was who the H*LL would steal a CTX? It certainly wouldn't be high up on my list of bikes to steal.

The weather here right now is below freezing at night and slightly above freezing during the day. A mixture of rain and/or snow whenever it wants. Once it warms up to a decent temp I can go down into the Bat Cave, pump up the tires a bit and do a slight chain adjust. The Bat Cave is all unheated concrete parking and colder than a witch's heart. Hmmm, that brings memories of my first wife to mind. Sure glad she fired me after I wouldn't change to fit her image of a mindless bread winner.

Today is a good day. Woke up with a heart beat, can't beat that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #12
Vegas Street Rider

It has been cooler here in Vegas but certainly not enough to not be out riding (low to mid 60's). The wind is the only annoying factor. That is what I love about it down here, except for the triple digit heat in the summer. We usually have comfortable riding weather for 9 to 10 months give or take. As I stated before, I don't miss that weather up North after working in it for almost 3 decades. Retirement keeps us on a tight budget but we manage to get plenty of play time in traveling, hiking, camping, skiing, shooting, etc.

Hope your weather breaks soon so you can get out riding again. Stay safe.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:23 AM   #13
alantf

After a really dry summer (the farmers were all complaining) we've just had three weeks of torrential rain. It's dry now, and at 9 o'clock in the morning the temperature's around 14Âșc. Still cold enough at night to have the heater on.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #14
Vegas Street Rider

I swear this thread should have been called oldies but goodies (referring to us posters).