Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 09-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks Mike
I'm beginning to believe that there's nothing similar to a GZ-250. EVERYTHING requires modification. And when you can find a part (16T sprocket) it's then discontinued. I don't understand.
You could be right. Look at it as an opportunity.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
Gadzooks Mike

I'm thinking I'll look at it as an opportunity to buy a Kawasaki or Honda. Maybe even a Harley. Parts might be expensive, but at least they make the danged things.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
Jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks Mike
I promised that I'd show you all how far it leaned over before the floorboards touched the ground. After much musclebuilding (yeah, right) and some luck with the camera, here it is.

I think this does a decent job of illustrating how much clearance you have with these things. Much more than the stock pegs!

I can't lean that much without losing my feet on the road...

Old 09-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

HE- MAN!!!! Thanks for the photo. This is a great demonstration. You're right, too. We'll never get the bike leaned over that far.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
Gadzooks Mike

Of course, those curbs can still come out and "bite" you. Still chuckling about the "He-man" - notice I've got the handlebar resting on my knee? Next time, I'll get the 8 year old across the street to hold it up. I think he's stronger.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Jonathan, the 250 should easily lean that far on the right road surface.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
SpiritOaks

Re: Floorboards

Hi Boys, I know this post is from wayyyyy back in 2007, but it fits my "needs" lol. I am super uncomfortable with my pegs. I am only 5'6", but I get crampy with my knees bent...as it is, with all of my cars through the years, I drive with my toe tips...prefer my legs stretched out. EVENTUALLY I dream of having crash/highway bars and pegs....but will still want to move my stock pegs and shifter forward, and I don't know...they just seem close in, and the size/shape is wonky to me....God I am a whiner, aren't I? :poke2: :crackup :crackup :crackup

This is one of the reaasons too that I am considering sculpting my seat....I feel as if I slide forward in my seat...need it more curvy for my curves...and higher in the front than the back. :biggrin: :twisted: :biggrin:
[center:2upkx24c]Oort Gray Metallic YHG[/center:2upkx24c]
Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOaks
EVENTUALLY I dream of having crash/highway bars and pegs....but will still want to move my stock pegs and shifter forward, and I don't know...they just seem close in, and the size/shape is wonky to me....God I am a whiner, aren't I? :poke2: :crackup :crackup :crackup
Check this out.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=879
:cool:

Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOaks
Hi Boys, I know this post is from wayyyyy back in 2007, but it fits my "needs" lol. I am super uncomfortable with my pegs. I am only 5'6", but I get crampy with my knees bent...as it is, with all of my cars through the years, I drive with my toe tips...prefer my legs stretched out. EVENTUALLY I dream of having crash/highway bars and pegs....but will still want to move my stock pegs and shifter forward, and I don't know...they just seem close in, and the size/shape is wonky to me....God I am a whiner, aren't I? :poke2: :crackup :crackup :crackup

This is one of the reaasons too that I am considering sculpting my seat....I feel as if I slide forward in my seat...need it more curvy for my curves...and higher in the front than the back. :biggrin: :twisted: :biggrin:
Suaun, what you have is a typical fit all seat that doesn't work well for many riders. I can't remember how the GZ seat pan is molded but if you can sculpt it to more of a tractor seat shape it would be much better. You need to sit in the seat rather than on it. Sliding forward all the time is very annoying, tiring and just plain painful.
I see if I can find an example of painful and almost perfect seats for my Vstrom.
The biggest difference I have noticed with a Corbin seat is the posture and hip position. A similar shape on the GZ might make a tremendous difference to your comfort.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
SpiritOaks

Tractor seat shaped is the exact thing I was thinking of....in fact I have two old rusty ones hanging in my laundry room! Think I can pad them and retro-fit them to the GZ????? :crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup
But seriously....I am realllllly good at sculpting...and can already see the shape that I need...not much different than any other "thing" that I may sit on...I'm kind of excited to do it! :tongue: Probably pull out some of my buffalo leather "scraps"....can't bear to cut into my full elk hide :shocked: have a few different ideas swimming around in this crazy brain of mine...also have deer, goat and cowhide leathers, then about 20 different fur on hides too. Howzabout a SKUNK hide seat?!?!?! :jawdrop: I also found one of the articles on "how to" (maybe here, maybe elsewhere) using the gel pad wrist rests for computers as padding....I'm just going to be uber picky about a perfect smooth shape...always am picky about that kind of stuff. :retard:
[center:2upkx24c]Oort Gray Metallic YHG[/center:2upkx24c]