Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
BBChevy454

Turn signals not working

I read through the other "turn signal" posts, but didn't find one that quite matched what I was looking for. So here we go

2008 GZ250. 6680 miles, bought it last year. Took it in for some work to be done. (Carb cleaned, head gasket replaced and head machined because it was warped) now that I got it back, my turn signals do not want to work. If I mess with the switch, I can get a quick flash and that's it. So far the wiring looks good, but I can't figure out which wires to trace back and my multimeter is being a POS. The wiring harnesses do not look melted, or pinched in any way so I am not sure what to follow here. I'm obviously getting power to my turn signals, but either it is not enough, or I have a bad connection. I tried setting the switch to stop where the light flashes on, but even if it sits perfectly still at that position, it does not stay on.

So am I looking at a bad switch, or wiring issues back to the battery? Has anyone else dealt with this and what did you find that fixed the problem.

I hate dealing with live electrical, but am good at building and tracing harness problems, as I build car and automation harnesses for a living. But this one has me stumped. Any ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
derbydave

Probably the side stand/Turn Signal Relay located under the seat next to the fuse box. Check it with a meter. I have attached the manual pages showing how to test it although it looks like it is only testing the side stand side of the relay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180424_032916243_iOS.jpg (85.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Relay1.JPG (82.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Relay2.JPG (55.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by derbydave; 04-23-2018 at 11:42 PM.