Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
bradley1152

Another project GZ250!

Hey everybody! New to the forum.

So a few weeks ago I picked up an 02' GZ250 for my fiancé as a birthday present and use it to teach her how to ride. She is currently in VA until August finishing her last semester of college, so she hasn't even seen it yet or even know about it for that matter.

I've been browsing through this forum and have seen some surprisingly good looking builds! And, well today I finally got tired of it just sitting in my garage all plain and ugly.

So I started removing stuff!

This is how it looks after a few hours today.

More to work on tomorrow!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Cool project.

Next, do not teach your sweetie to ride unless you are a qualified instructor. At best you will teach her your bad habits. Instead go to a proper riding course with experienced instructors. If you can attend with her you will surely be suprised at what you can learn or relearn to stay safe on the road.
I rode for decades(accident free) and finally attended a riding course with my sweetie. Boy did I learn a lot of stuff I was doing was just waiting to hurt me. My riding skills were vastly improved after I broke some bad habits that were waiting to bite me. I do thank my overworked Guardian Angel for keeping me from a painful oops or ultimate death.
Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling by David Hogue. Read it cover to cover.....................Now that I've done my part to keep you and your sweetie safe, the rest is up to you. Please ride safe.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
bradley1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Cool project.

Next, do not teach your sweetie to ride unless you are a qualified instructor. At best you will teach her your bad habits. Instead go to a proper riding course with experienced instructors. If you can attend with her you will surely be suprised at what you can learn or relearn to stay safe on the road.
I rode for decades(accident free) and finally attended a riding course with my sweetie. Boy did I learn a lot of stuff I was doing was just waiting to hurt me. My riding skills were vastly improved after I broke some bad habits that were waiting to bite me. I do thank my overworked Guardian Angel for keeping me from a painful oops or ultimate death.
Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling by David Hogue. Read it cover to cover.....................Now that I've done my part to keep you and your sweetie safe, the rest is up to you. Please ride safe.

I am quite fortunate that the military mandates that riders must complete MSF(motorcycle safety foundation) courses. With biannual refresher courses. I've done my fair share.

I am also my command's rider safety coordinator. With that I attend classes along with the rider coaches from MSF in the area, I just am not an "rider coach".

I too have been fortunate to have been riding as long as I have without any incidents, and I'd like to think it's because of all of the training I've had. I looked forward to passing my knowledge on to her and allowing her to take her time with her learning curve before I have her on the road. And she will definitely be taking a course!

And thank you for the compliment on the project! Stay safe out there!

Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1152 View Post
I am quite fortunate that the military mandates that riders must complete MSF(motorcycle safety foundation) courses. With biannual refresher courses. I've done my fair share.

I am also my command's rider safety coordinator. With that I attend classes along with the rider coaches from MSF in the area, I just am not an "rider coach".

I too have been fortunate to have been riding as long as I have without any incidents, and I'd like to think it's because of all of the training I've had. I looked forward to passing my knowledge on to her and allowing her to take her time with her learning curve before I have her on the road. And she will definitely be taking a course!

And thank you for the compliment on the project! Stay safe out there!

Bradly, you do my heart good. Carry on.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
bradley1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Bradly, you do my heart good. Carry on.

Thanks! Now to figure out the jetting!