Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
Canidriveit

Wiring Issue? Running lights

First post! Very excited.

So I have what I believe is a wiring problem. When I turn on the ignition on my 2005 gz250, the tail running light does not come on. However, the front right turn signal lamp does come on and stays on without flashing. When I signal to the right, that bulb stays on but does flash.

I'm guessing someone at some point accidentally wired that signal lamp into where the running light is supposed to go. Does anyone else agree / disagree? I found a service manual pdf for download and I'm prepared to start hunting for the offending connection.

I should add that the brake light does come on.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
Canidriveit

Upon review of the service manual, I now understand that the front signals double as running lights.

So my problem is that the front left signal does not come on as a running light, and neither does the tail light.

Does it make sense that the running light filaments in those bulbs may have just gone out? I could start with replacing the bulbs and see where that gets me.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Vegas Street Rider

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it and learn from it. I believe the running lights, speedo light, and tail light are on one circuit. Since the running light on one side is lit, I would guess you have burned out bulbs. Just in case, I would check the fuse box underneath the seat and check the integrity of the 10 amp fuses there. If intact, then proceed with replacing the bulbs. When you engage the rear brake, does the brake light come on?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-18-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
Canidriveit

Thumbs Up

Thank you! It was the bulbs.

Tags
electrical, running, wiring