Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #21
2006 gz

sportster shocks. thy are showa (japan) made for harley(usa)! the only thing i had to do was reuse the stock rubber bushings and installed them on tha hd shock eyes. oh yeah, also widened the shock mount on the swingarm a bit. the bottom is a little wider. NATE

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #22
Jordan310

Got a model/part number, make, and model of that exhaust?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #23
Jordan310

After installing a pair of chrome Showa PR Shocks (only about 1/2" larger than stock), and no front lowering yet, I was amazed at the differenced in handling.
I was a little skeptical about any differences except for the looks (being all chrome), and really wanted to see what might change, and if the stock shocks were of less quality than aftermarket performance shocks for this bike. Wow. I was amazed.

Here's how it feels:

I sit up a little higher, they have a bit more of a sporty feel to them, being a little stiffer but smoother over the bumps by 100%, the entire ride feels smoother overall.
From initial test in a parking lot, to freeway, the suspension has greatly improved. These shocks are available from RUPP Parts and Performance and cost a total of $77.45 with tax and shipping.

All worth it.

Nate, I didn't really have to bend the lower mount to install them, as this can chip the paint. What I did was to replace the bushings, then shave them down to where the shocks just dropped into place. The filing of the rubber bushing was needed though.

NATE: can you tell me how you lowered the front end? What did you use, and how tough was it to get the spacers in there? What was the material that you used?

Login or Register to Remove Ads