Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 05-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #11
Bill

This is another alternative although I don't have any experience with them. Sorry I forgot how to do the link so copy and paste. The first is the company and the other 2 are articles.

http://www.wheel-works.com/

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/t ... tire_seal/
http://www.streetchopperweb.com/tech/01 ... ke_wheels/

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
$59 per wheel. Thats cheaper than i thought. Thats a great deal. Too bad they arent near here. I'd go for it.

Oh, and thanks for posting that rim place. Dam near had to pick my jaw up off the desk. Cant afford those either. Dam you! LOL.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #13
Badbob

It would probably cost $100 per wheel by the time its all done.

One has to wonder how well this would hold up if you were to need a spoke adjustment? Would you need to send it back?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #14
Bill

It should hold up pretty well with the spokes individually sealed before the multiple layers of rim wrapping. I believe they either replace the spokes or make sure they are in good shape and tighten/adjust each one before the sealing. However, any break in the seal at the spoke would cause a leak. They seem to have a pretty good track record. I have also seen sealed "Milwaukee Twins" tubeless wire wheels for sale in JP Cycles for around $300 so other manufactures make these too.
At about $100/wheel including shipping it may be a reasonable option and pay for itself (break even) if you pick up a nail. It would also allow you to plug the tire and get back on the road within minutes without having to take half a day and everything apart to replace the tube. Another advantage to tubeless is the leak would be potentially slower allowing you to keep the bike under control until you stop.

Cheers!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
2006 gz

just found my first 18" rim on ebay, came off of a ts 250 suzuki. ordered some spokes and i will relace it to my existing front hub. hope to find another for the rear to level out the bikes stance. thinking this should be a more stable ride at speed? definatley better looking as i prefer to go in the direction opposite of cruiser style. and there is room in the rear with my 13.5" shocks from a sportster. it sharpened the head angle and this bike handles a whole lot better!!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
2006 gz

just found my first 18" rim on ebay, came off of a ts 250 suzuki. ordered some spokes and i will relace it to my existing front hub. hope to find another for the rear to level out the bikes stance. thinking this should be a more stable ride at speed? definatley better looking as i prefer to go in the direction opposite of cruiser style. and there is room in the rear with my 13.5" shocks from a sportster. it sharpened the head angle and this bike handles a whole lot better!!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:22 AM   #17
Jordan310

Pics! Pics!