Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Performance

Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
johncruise

Windshield mount pictures?

Can somebody please post a picture of how they mounted their windshield in their handlebar? I'm trying to figure out what is the best orientation since I can't get it to align properly. Most of the pictures of windshield are taken with standing-in-front/side perspective. I need something like sitting in the bike perspective of the windshield+mounting brackets.

Thanks in advance!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I have 3 or 4 from a write up that I never posted about to install a windshield. You'll have to wait until 5:00-5:30 or so, so I can get them off of my home computer.

Also, what mounts to do you have? That'll be important, as not all mounts are the same style.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
johncruise

Nice! Thanks.

I improperly installed it before and got loose (even though I made sure I tighten the screws). After lost 1 of the screw on my way back, I remove it the windshield. Good thing any 1/4" screw fit there.

I'll check again later today.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncruise
lost 1 of the screw on my way back
Lock Tight is your friend.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Badbob

Perhaps these will be helpful. This is an upside down mount to get the Suzuki windshield high enough. Makes a huge difference. Much less wind noise and turbulence.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
johncruise

I forgot to mention, I have the Viper windshield which is very similar looking to BadBob's. I got it second hand -- no instruction manuals :-)

Thanks Bob for the pictures. Base from the first and last picture and your sig:
+ the part that goes to the handle bar would look like
- "d' (left handle bar)
- 'b' (right handle bar)
* where the inner circle of those letter goes around the handle bar and the straight line is where it extends/connects to the windshield itself.
+ mount is almost located in the angled section of the handlebar frame (near the grips)
+ the side view of the bike, angle of the windshield is completely parallel to the front fork
+ front view, handle bar grip is in the center of the windshield.
+ bottom windshield is almost about an inch high than the odometer.

Mounting hole of the attachment to the handlebar is different on my Viper so I'll try to figure how I will match what you have. Ever since I'd been a member, I'd been seeing you use that picture in your sig so I assume that that particular position/orientation i s really stable.

Still waiting to see if Jonathan has the same or more similar looking windshield.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:54 AM   #7
caroledee1

Viper mount pics

johncruise,

I took some pictures of my slipstreamer viper windshield mounting and posted them in my photo album.

caroledee1
Old 06-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
johncruise

Thanks caroledee1 for the pictures. This helps a lot! Now I realize I mounted it wrong...really really wrong. That's why no matter how I tighten the clamp, it still moves. I'll swap it and use this as a pattern.

Thanks all.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
Badbob

Try to mount the windshield so its top edge is just below you eye level. You want to look over the windshield not through it. Ride down a highway in Florida in the summer after dark and you'll figure out why.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
johncruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
Try to mount the windshield so its top edge is just below you eye level. You want to look over the windshield not through it. Ride down a highway in Florida in the summer after dark and you'll figure out why.
Great tip Badbob! I found that out a while ago when I test drive for a quarter mile (45-55mph). Wind is going to my helmet and it was so noisy.

caroledee1, again thanks for the tip. Just a quick question: does the windshield supposed to vibrate/shake (a little... probably less than quarter of an inch)? I know the screws are as tight as it can be already but riding starting 25-35mph gets windshield to start shaking/vibrating. 45-55mph gets a little better though. Is this normal?