Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Sandmonkee

Good day

Hi

Name's Mike, I live in Ontario, Canada. I have been a 50cc scooter driver until now (got hooked on them while living in Asia), but recently decided to get my full motorbike licence, as scooters just aren't as common on the road in North America (I've had waaay more close calls here than in Japan).

So on Wednesday at lunchtime, I went and got my learner's permit, and on the way home from work, I bought a Marauder. The ad has some really nice pictures if you want to take a look:
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeIm ... =373215674
(note that the ad is wrong, its actually a 2003)

During the safety inspection, the shop found that the front tire was stale from being in storage, so now its been sitting in the shop waiting for a tire since Thursday. I was extremely bummed that I wouldn't have it for the weekend, but better safe than sorry I guess. Add to that my team getting knocked out of the NHL playoffs, and it was a pretty disappointing end to the week.

But, it should be ready on Monday. Till then, I'm drowning my sorrows by buying all kinds of accessories on Amazon!

Nice to meet you folks, chances are I'll be here often asking questions, as I am a total (39 year old) newbie to the motorbike world.

Login or Register to Remove Ads