Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 08-31-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
Richard1969

Indicators working one side only

I had a problem with the horn not working and took the switch apart and sprayed with contact cleaner and put back together only to discover the indicators only work on the left hand side.
Has anyone got any ideas why this would happen? Is there a relay for each side the bulbs are good I have swapped them around to check and they work in the other side.
Any help would be appreciated need to get her MOT'd so I can register her in the UK.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #2
alantf

Just had a quick look at the wiring diagram, and the only common factor between the horn and indicators appears to be the switch block itself. Did you disturb anything while you were cleaning the horn button?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
Richard1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
Just had a quick look at the wiring diagram, and the only common factor between the horn and indicators appears to be the switch block itself. Did you disturb anything while you were cleaning the horn button?
I have had the switch block apart several times trying to clean it up and looking at the forum last time I used the contact cleaner on it. This sorted the horn problem but has now made the indicator work one side only. I am convinced it is to do with the switch block. The bike has been left in the open in Gibraltar for a couple of years which has not been kind to her. I have had everything working on her in the past and intend to strip her down and put her back to original. I will have another play this weekend, other problems in the past have been solved by taking apart and playing before putting back together. The dim switch which is in the top of that block seems to be playing up as well.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
Richard1969

Sorted this one I think. It was the block under the tank the wire is a little loose wiggled it around and the idicator started working again. I am not looking to pull that block apart though as it looks like it could be a nightmare.