Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #51
Water Warrior 2

Re: Tag-o-rama Missed Connections & Discussion

Lots of subs just across the highway.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #52
dhgeyer

It's been over a week since the current tag was established. I can think of two reasons for this, and I'm wondering which it is, or possibly a combination of the two:

1) The tag is not realistic. I have no recollection of seeing any lion statues anywhere around here. I tried Google, and Google Images for about a half an hour the other day. There's a possibility in Tilton, NH, about 50 miles of superslab from here, but it's in a large park and I have no way of knowing if I could get the shot with my bike in it. Are others in the same boat? If so, can we modify the rules so that, if a tag just isn't realistic, it can be "reset" or changed somehow?

2) People have just lost interest in the game, and are finding other ways to enjoy their bikes now that riding season is in full swing.

Or, as I said, possibly a combination of the two factors. I'm just putting this out here because I'd like to see the game get going again.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #53
GZ Jess

I didn't really think the lions would be impossible but if anyone wants were would alter it to any stone animal that might be a little easier. Around here a lot of people have garden art that would suffice that requirement. I see concrete deer and other ornaments all the time.

Jessica

Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #54
dhgeyer

That's a very thoughtful gesture, Jess. I think there is some precedent for that, as I did the same thing myself with a tag that people were complaining about - an old grave a few months ago.

It'll be interesting to see if that helps. Frankly, I'm puzzled. Usually if a tag is a problem, people would have complained about it long before now. This is the first time that this much time has gone by and nobody has found the tag, but nobody has said anything about it either. So, I wonder if folks just got tired of it. I guess we'll see.

Weather's a little shaky around here today, but if I get a chance I'll go see if I can hunt up an animal statue someplace.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #55
alantf

I found some stone (cement?) lions in our local garden centre. Problem is, they won't let me take my bike in. I've got to use the car park, which is nowhere near the lions. :biggrin:

Old 06-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #56
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Frankly, I'm puzzled. Usually if a tag is a problem, people would have complained about it long before now.
I was going to look for any concrete animal and see if I could get away with it BUT...........
Then the rains came. It's been raining almost every day here; that backs up the progress of the other things I need to do such that a good riding day is consumed but other "stuff".

Yesterday I took the whole day for riding (screw the other things); alas, I forgot what the tag was. Today it's supposed to rain again.

P.S. My little Honda got a trophy at one bike show.
To keep things in perspective, what that really means is that there were 6 metric bikes there that were "less remarkable" than mine. :roll: :biggrin:
Old 06-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #57
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer
Frankly, I'm puzzled. Usually if a tag is a problem, people would have complained about it long before now.
I was going to look for any concrete animal and see if I could get away with it BUT...........
Then the rains came. It's been raining almost every day here; that backs up the progress of the other things I need to do such that a good riding day is consumed but other "stuff".

Yesterday I took the whole day for riding (screw the other things); alas, I forgot what the tag was. Today it's supposed to rain again.

P.S. My little Honda got a trophy at one bike show.
To keep things in perspective, what that really means is that there were 6 metric bikes there that were "less remarkable" than mine. :roll: :biggrin:
Now that is funny Easy. Or you could also say your bike is in the top 14.3 %.

As for the tag, it is not impossible. I think folks are just busy and the tag search is a secondary thought while riding. Maybe give it a few more days and then the tag poster can modify the lion to make things a bit easier. Alantf is in the hunt but alas he can't quite git er dun.
Just thought of a location but I'm in the same situation as Alantf........sort of. Kinda hard to take a pic of a riderless bike going 90 Km/h on a bridge.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #58
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
I found some stone (cement?) lions in our local garden centre. Problem is, they won't let me take my bike in. I've got to use the car park, which is nowhere near the lions. :biggrin:
So, you buy one, haul it out next to your bike, take a picture, and immediately return it for a refund. Sheeeesh, do I have to think of everything around here? :jawdrop:
Old 06-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #59
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Now that is funny Easy. Or you could also say your bike is in the top 14.3 %.
I didn't say it got THE trophy, just "A" trophy.
I think it was actually in the top 70%. :crackup
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #60
burkbuilds

Missed that Library tag, Easy beat me to it.