Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
alantf

spot check

After all I've said about the Guardia Civil being a money collecting machine, I've finally found a nice one..... Tonight I had to go to the dentist's in Santa Úrsula. On the way back home I got pulled into a road block spot check. I showed him my licence, first, and he seemed more interested that it was a UK one. As he checked it, he noticed that it was issued in 1974. He seemed impressed, and when I told him that this was only the date that the new type (plastic) licences were issued, and that I had been riding since 1965, he was even more impressed. He then looked the bike over, and when he saw that the licence plate holder had the logo of the bike shop (Alonso) on it, he said "Oh, that's a mate of mine". When he saw the sticker on my box (Keep cell phone masts out of La Perdoma) he asked if I lived there. When I said yes, he said "Ok, on your way". "Don't you want to see the rest of my papers?" "No, it's ok, on your way". I never, ever, thought that I'd find one that didn't want to find some reason to fine me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: spot check

Alantf, that is a refreshing story. We sometimes get such a poor experience from a LEO that a polite well mannered fellow is awe inspiring.
I got pulled over one time while travelling and he was polite and well mannered as is usual here. He also pointed out that my plate tag and insurance was expiring in 2 weeks. I just smiled and said the renewal was in the top box and already taken care of. He then wished me a happy trip and to ride safely.
He also pointed out that most riders here do not have a bike license because they can't pass the test.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie Rider

Re: spot check

Thats awesome. Nice when someone isnt trying to bust balls

Login or Register to Remove Ads