Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 06-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Filthee

Saddlebag Questions

I'm looking to add some saddlebags to my 2008 GZ250 and I like the looks of the factory bags that I have seen pictures of. Does anybody know if it is still possible to get them or if they are even worth having (they seem a little on the small side, but it fits the look of the bike)? The Boulevard S40 saddlebags Suzuki currently offers look to be the same size, but have "Boulevard" engraved into the leather. Any other suggestions for decent saddlebags for the GZ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

My suggestion would be to check out the aftermarket folks. You probably want a leather or leather like bag but our experience with textile bags is very satisfactory. There is a wide variety available and likely as not the cost will be less than a factory set from anyone.
Google Cortech Bags and do some looking. Some bags are expandable and will hold a lot when needed. Tour Master rings a bell too. If I remember correctly that is what Lynda had on her M-50 Suzuki and they were great. Well worth the cost of admission. Many sizes and shapes for your purchasing pleasure.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
alantf

Just remember that if the bag sits too close to the exhaust (like mine) you'll need to pop rivet a piece of aluminium to the underside, to stop it getting burned.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
Fawlty

How are you Alan? Hope things are picking up for you.

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
alantf

Thanks. A couple of weeks ago the traumatologist took another x-ray, told me it was healing nicely, and that I should start walking. First with a frame, then crutches, and now with a stick. Got a bad limp, and it's painful, but I'm determined not to give in. I'm waiting for physiotherapy, but you know how the Spanish health sevice is! Looked on the internet, and it said that full recovery would be 4 to 6 months. Doesn't look like I'll be riding very soon, so when I'm a bit more mobile I'm going to have to get the bike close up to my workshop, so that I can plug the battery tender in.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #6
Maggie

Hey Alan...I haven't been on the board for a while. Can you link me to a post where you explain what happened? Whatever it is, I am glad you are on the mend, although it deems to be taking some time for a complete recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #7
Maggie

As for the saddlebags...I have them and they can actually hold quite a bit more than it would seem at first glance, but they are a PIA because they have buckles. I am a little spoiled by the quick release snaps on my two other bikes. But, as you said, the look does fit with the bike. I am not unhappy with them, but since getting a trunk, I rarely use the bags now...only when I go to Costco.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #8
alantf

Hi Maggie. Thanks for your good wishes. It's Off Topic Discussions > anybody notice ????
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Yes.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7027 = Anybody Notice???