Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Forum News & Support

Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
LilNinja77

NewEnough.com donations?

Ok so this is a little off the wall so just hear me out/amuse me.

I use NewEnough.com almost exclusively for my motorcycle related purchases, mainly because they normally seem to have competitive prices and have always done me right with shipping and customer service, and frequently have really good close-out deals; but that's not what the message is about. The donations are what I'm interested in here. When you make a purchase on their site, you can opt to make a $1 donation to a featured website of your choice (all are motorcycle sites obviously), and up until now I always donate to ninja250.com, since I'm a member and they are a listed site. So my question is whether anyone here (admins) know what is required to become a listed site, or if they think it would be useful to get GZ250bike.com listed as well? I don't know if there's an inital fee to get listed or anything, if so then it might take a decent amount of time to recoup the funds considering the relatively small amount of active members here.

If I understand it correctly (and I'm not saying I definitely do), the donated funds go in to a "gift card" style account with NewEnough, giving that site "store credit" of sorts with which they can buy stuff from NewEnough. My thought initially was that if it became well known to members around the site here that they could be donating money when they buy gear/equipment/tires, perhaps it would do the snowball effect and before long the site would start collecting some decent store credit. The site could then buy something from NewEnough (boots, gloves, motorcycle care products, something anyone could use and not terribly expensive) and raffle/sell/auction it off to members as a fund-raiser for the site.

My apologies to Badbob and Dupo if it seems like I'm trying to meddle with the affairs of the website, I'm not, it was just a thought that maybe it could benefit the site some. Also sorry if this has been discussed before and I just missed it.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Badbob

I'm all for it. I buy for m New Enough and always pick a forum I'm a member of for this. I never knew how they got on the list.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I use them too and wouldn't mind the option of giving GZ250 a buck or so everytime I buy something. I'm here enough. I need to help out financially, I know.

Login or Register to Remove Ads