Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
dannylightning

what does a hyper charger do to your gas milage.

and do you need to re jet the bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: what does a hyper charger do to your gas milage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Time for a little tough love here, I think.

Danny, buddy.......
When you first came here, you were a nice young man.
Lately, however, you seem to have gone over to the dark side, with comments about not caring about your hearing........
And now about spending your money (do you have a job yet) on chrome "fluff".

What's really going on here ???

"Hypercharger" is just a NAME. It doesn't do crap, really. It's more for looks than performance.
Now, the guys that have them won't come right out and admit that probably but it's true.
The same is true for changing pipes and other intake mods (K&N).
Sometimes re-jetting works out OK and sometimes it doesn't BUT what little you gain really isn't worth the time and money.

Now......if you like to tinker just for the sake of it, fine, go ahead.
If you expect any real performance gain, you will be disappointed.

Methinks maybe it's time you join an M-50 forum where your questions can be answered better.
There is an active community here:
http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
dannylightning

lol i never said i don't care about my hearing, i just said i'm too lazy to find my ear plugs, im a bit depressed lately and feeling lazy i really enjoy riding and playing around with the new bike, its the one thing that gives me any motivation right now. i really only ride in town any ways and i really doubt that is any where close enougth to damage my ears. if i were riding on the freeway for long periods of time i would definately find my ear plugs after finding out wind noise at high speed is enough to mess up year ears..

as for a job i drive a truck for fedex, been working there for over 5 years. I transferred back to Ohio with the company, missed my friends and family and came home.

i figure if a hyper charger did not ruin your gas millage and you don't halve to re jet the bike ( I would prefer to leave things stock that you halve to tear apart to change just for good measures) it would be a cool thing to have and play around with.

im still a nice young man, i put a led kit on my bike so i don't get run over at night and i think i might want a hyper charger some day. besides that stuff i have no big plans to add loads of chrome or turn my bike in to a 30000cc or any thing like that

a hyper charger is a part made for many different bikes and people here have many different bikes, I like the people here in the gz forum if i ever have a question about my bike or how to fix something on my bike i dont play to ask it on here, ill check out another forum. i mean there is a spot on here for things other than the gz.

if you still think i have gone over to the dark side for what ever reason than im sorry you feel that way. some how i must have gave you a bad impression about something i said latley. all i know is i got a new toy and i want to play with it.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Sarris

I'd go with the K & N billet free flow air kit and re-jet. I also recommend Vance & Hines True Duals. You also may have to change the ignition module to get the whole system integrated.

You really do need to get some performance advice from people who have the same bike, or your dealer mechanic.

Everyone who has a Harley (including me) does those things. We all joke that it's the $1000 "Harley Tax"

It definately will improve overall performance, throttle response, and possibly gas mileage.

It'll damn sure sound better. LOL.

:skull: :2tup: :skull: :2tup:
Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
I'd go with the K & N billet free flow air kit and re-jet. I also recommend Vance & Hines True Duals. You also may have to change the ignition module to get the whole system integrated.

You really do need to get some performance advice from people who have the same bike, or your dealer mechanic.

Everyone who has a Harley (including me) does those things. We all joke that it's the $1000 "Harley Tax"

It definately will improve overall performance, throttle response, and possibly gas mileage.

It'll damn sure sound better. LOL.

:skull: :2tup: :skull: :2tup:
well i guess that answers my question. it would be nice if it improved the gas millage, definitely don't want to get any less mpg. re jetting and changing out the ignition module is not something i wold really like to do. i was thinking you might only halve to replace the stock air box with the hyper charger. and it would just kind of work like a ram air system on a car or something like that. i have made a few of those ram air systems for cars that i have owned and i did noticed better acceleration and i also got 2 or 3 more mpg, one other thing i noticed is that the car seemd to run a little bit smoother wit the ram air. im sure a real kit would have been a little better than the ones i made.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Time for a little tough love here, I think.

Danny, buddy.......
When you first came here, you were a nice young man.
Lately, however, you seem to have gone over to the dark side, with comments about not caring about your hearing........
And now about spending your money (do you have a job yet) on chrome "fluff".

What's really going on here ???

"Hypercharger" is just a NAME. It doesn't do crap, really. It's more for looks than performance.
Now, the guys that have them won't come right out and admit that probably but it's true.
The same is true for changing pipes and other intake mods (K&N).
Sometimes re-jetting works out OK and sometimes it doesn't BUT what little you gain really isn't worth the time and money.

Now......if you like to tinker just for the sake of it, fine, go ahead.
If you expect any real performance gain, you will be disappointed.

Methinks maybe it's time you join an M-50 forum where your questions can be answered better.
There is an active community here:
http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/

Good luck!

Easy...please just shut the fuck up for a change.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
music man

One thing to add, any modification you make to the intake/air filter side of the carb that DOESN'T require you to do any re-jetting or at bare minimum, a whole lot of adjusting, is also not going to give you much increase in power or performance, same goes for the exhaust side for that matter.

(DISCLAIMER, I am in no way saying that you won't gain ANYTHING from doing something like that, just that if you don't have to do much, it usually means you don't get much when engine modifications are involved), Just my two cents.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
One thing to add, any modification you make to the intake/air filter side of the carb that DOESN'T require you to do any re-jetting or at bare minimum, a whole lot of adjusting, is also not going to give you much increase in power or performance, same goes for the exhaust side for that matter.

(DISCLAIMER, I am in no way saying that you won't gain ANYTHING from doing something like that, just that if you don't have to do much, it usually means you don't get much when engine modifications are involved), Just my two cents.
yeah i know, change one thing out and you got to change a few others to get full benefit, usually, every now and again there is the exception i guess, i don't know, i'm off to bed.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Oh and Danny ....

If you have performance exhaust .. that usually requires a rejet or adjustment (stage 1 jet kit)

If you have performance exhaust and a open air filter such as a K&N .. that usually requires a stage 2 jet kit.

If you have performance exhaust, open air filter AND do a mod such as opening up your air box (airbox mod) ... that usually requires a stage 3 jet kit.

Common for shadows anyway.

The hypercharger would probably mean a rejet on your bike, as it does mine. I currently run a stage 2 jet kit with my setup. I can run stock baffles, performance baffles or no baffles and not have to do any carb adjustments. Some how, that thing is tuned perfectly.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #10
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Easy, you have been sent a warning .... don't have your posting privileges revoked. Either contribute positively or stay out of the thread.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Closed Thread