Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 12-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Yamaha FZ07

Being retired with lots of time to wander the internet I tend to look at many bike related things and bikes of course. A couple days ago I read a few reviews of the FZ07. It appears to be a very nice bike and the price isn't a heart attack in waiting. Best described as a UJM(Universal Japanese Motorcycle). It may be a little bit tall in the saddle for some GZ riders but for most it would be a nice fit. A 75 hp vertical twin with pretty good mpg. I'll skip all the specs except one. This do it all bike only weighs in at 400 lbs soaking wet. That is big news to me and with it's power to weight ratio it is a real zinger. One of the review test riders spent an afternoon doing 3rd gear wheelies. Wow!
The thought occured to me that there will be used ones on the market in a couple years when owners upgrade. It could be a great upgrade for a lot of riders without breaking the bank. Being a price point bike it does not offer ABS for those who want ABS. Now I will go back to drooling over the Honda CTX 700 with ABS.

Login or Register to Remove Ads