Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-30-2017, 03:07 AM   #1
MercyCroft

Who online sells the cheapest NEW full face or modular helmets?

Title says it all. Interested in other sites than amazon and ebay. But if you know of a specific ad on amazon or ebay that might qualify, please please post a link. I need medium, clear visor, and any type of plain and solid black, grey, or silver. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

Try Cycle Gear. They always are running specials on their gear. I deal with them locally here in Las Vegas. They carry Bell and many other brands of helmets. Check it out.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
derbydave

You don't want to shop on price alone. Super cheap helmets might not be what they seem.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydave View Post
You don't want to shop on price alone. Super cheap helmets might not be what they seem.

Wow, that was very educational. You get what you pay for and a brain bucket is not an item to skimp on. Anyone in the market for a new helmet should go around to different bike shops and try a test fit and a walk around the shop to get a feel for the helmet and it's comfort. Check for vents that can be operated with gloves too.
Check a helmet for date of manufacture. This is critical. As a rule of thumb a helmet have a 5 year life span. After that most materials start to break down so your protection will fade with time. A helmet that is available and fits nicely but is 2 years old could offer a substantial saving if you dicker a bunch.
Shoei has a 2 year shelf life and an additional 5 years after purchase and use. I have their Multitech flip face and it really works for me. Picked it up after a bike show and a dealer was over stocked after the show. Only a year of shelf life and 2/3 the price. Still the most expensive helmet I have ever owned but well worth the price in my opinion.