Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 07-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #11
Vegas Street Rider

I took a close look at the same port on my 2009 GZ and the inside is threaded with a slotted plug in it. It looks to be approximately 1/8th inch thread. You should be able to find a vacuum nipple at your local automotive store to screw into it. I will check in the parts manual to see if Suzuki has a part # for it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #12
Vegas Street Rider

Check the parts manual under Sticky's post from January 2015 and look at the schematic for the carburetor to see if you can spot what you need. The website Partzilla or Partszilla also might have what you are looking for.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:32 AM   #13
BigBoss319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
I took a close look at the same port on my 2009 GZ and the inside is threaded with a slotted plug in it. It looks to be approximately 1/8th inch thread. You should be able to find a vacuum nipple at your local automotive store to screw into it. I will check in the parts manual to see if Suzuki has a part # for it.
Will do but I've been looking at the carburetor schematics and can't find the nipple anywhere in there. I'll head to Autozone and see if they can help find one. I was looking at my carb and didn't notice threads in it but I could be wrong. Doesn't hurt to find out for sure.

EDIT:Nope can't find the part number.

EDIT 2: I think you're looking at the wrong hole because the one on mine is way smaller than 1/8. Here's another pic of where the nozzle would be. I think you have to buy the whole California edition carb to get the nozzle (All hope, lost).

Last edited by BigBoss319; 07-18-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:45 AM   #14
BigBoss319

Here's the picture. Notice it's on closer to the idle adjusting pin. The one on mine is an extremely tiny hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carb Nipple.jpg (10.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #15
Vegas Street Rider

I am at a loss to help you much more. You could be right about the CA carb. Leave it to California to complicate a pretty simple machine. And at a cost. I wish you Good Luck on your search and hope that someone else with a little more knowledge than me comes on and solves your problem.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #16
BigBoss319

No problem man, it is what it is. Gonna see if u can get the mechanic the other owner used to clean the carb to replace it with the right one for free since he probably changed it out and never mentioned it on the bill I was given by the unknowing owner.

EDIT: Is there anyone here with a California version that can check if the nipple is removable in case I just have to get a new nipple rather than a new carburetor?

Last edited by BigBoss319; 07-18-2016 at 04:53 PM.