Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 06-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #31
mactechnm

Re: auto zone led kit, bright as hell.

VERY nice job on the L.E.D lighting! My wife has the GZ250 in our family, and I recently bought 4 sets of "5 L.E.D. pods" on Amazon.Com, I out all 4 underneath the gas tank, lighting up the entire engine area. Not as many lights as yours, or as bright, but I am happy with the result. I will be uploading pictures soon. Her bike is lit up with Red L.E.D's. Anyway, just wanted to say "Nice Job"! Jon

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #32
cayuse

Let's see some photos, Jon! I plan on putting some amber/yellow LEDs under my tank to give the engine a 'golden' glow. Some other colour like blue or purple under the engine and on the suspension to light up the wheels.

2005 GZ250 (sold after 26000km)
2013 CB500XA
Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #33
savrip

Well I can't wait for my back wheel to show you mine. :biggrin: I bought a cheap-o Autozone LED kit and wired the spaghetti through the bike. It took a while, but well worth it. I also have a switch on mine so I don't have to run it during the day. I'm going to use clear silicone to go around the bases of the LED squares just to ensure that moisture doesn't work it's way to the tape. Keeping the wires away from the exhaust was challenging, but I think I have it. Once I get back riding I'll be sure to check that they are still secure after a few rides.

No front wheel LEDs and didn't have to take the tank off to run anything around. If you have the patience to deal with lots of little wires this is a great addon for $20. I was going to wait and do it later, but I had the rear wheel off already and that just gave me some free time to start a project while I was waiting on another one.

The rubbermaid top is just to catch gunk from cleaning my chain, just one of the many maintenance jobs I'm doing while waiting on my wheel.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
riningr

Re: Autozone LED kit - Bright as Hell.

that looks sweet! I'm thinking I might have to outfit my bike with some... although reading on michigan.gov/msp website they are pretty strict about what you can get away with on the road... so I'm thinking about maybe adding a couple of clear LED strip lights on the front forks and maybe some red LED strip lights across the rear turn signal mounting brackets then the only other color it looks like michigan will allow is amber, so thinking I might do 6-8 amber lights under the tank and the saddle bag mounting brackets in the back / back of the forks... does anyone have pictures of what you've done as far as switching? Or just wired them hot with ignition? I think I'd like to switch it as its probably not needed during the day... although the red/whites I might do on with ignition... of course this will probably be a few weeks before I start buying stuff as I think my bike money out of this paycheck is going towards a new helmet and coat as mines getting pretty old...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
riningr

I bought some LED strip lights for my bike and received them yesterday... I tested the light output this morning and they look like they'll put out plenty of light... will install them this weekend and post pictures once I'm done =)

Old 04-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #36
riningr

got my lights installed last night... unfortunately its kind of tough to find a good spot under the tank that it doesnt block a lot of the light, so although the lights looked pretty bright on their own once installed they arent as bright as I hoped they would be... so I'm going to have to buy a couple more strips to light it up better... I need to get some for the rear of it as well, and might buy a couple more to mount on the back side of the forks to light it up better too... work in progress... they were really easy to install other than the fact that the kit i bought came with an adapter that you could slide over a fuse to get power, but with the adapter on it would not let the fuse slide back in to the fuse box, so I had to cut the sides of the fuse box a little to make room for it to slide back on, then had to cut the fuse box cover a little too to allow the adapter to slide up past it to connect the wires to... not too rough though, only thing is like I said I thought they would be brighter... but I'll buy a few more strips and make it brighter =)