Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 08-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Has anyone added a clock to their GZ250?

After having my bike for a little over 2 months now, I've decided that I'm pretty content with it. However, I really would like to add some sort of clock to it since I will be starting my school commute next week and would REALLY like to be able to tell what time it is on my way. Anyone have any ingenious ways of adding a clock, preferably one that is waterproof?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Sarris

Clock

There are a herd of them on Kuryakyn's site. Here is the index page of clocks.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/searchresult...&keyword=clock

Also about a dozen cheaper on e-bay (as low as $10). Look here:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...e=search&fgtp=

Happy Motoring!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
primal

Hmmm... those are nice looking, but to be honest, I was looking for a cheaper homebrewed solution.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
Hmmm... those are nice looking, but to be honest, I was looking for a cheaper homebrewed solution.
OK, so go to WalMart, get a battery operated one that sticks on with Velcro (for about $5) and put a Ziplock over it !!

:lol: :lol:
Old 08-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
primal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
OK, so go to WalMart, get a battery operated one that sticks on with Velcro (for about $5) and put a Ziplock over it !!

:lol: :lol:
:tongue:

Actually, I was considering buying a cheap waterproof digital watch from Walmart and fashioning some sort of PVC mount, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone had any better solutions.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
I've been really wanting one on my GZ for a long time now too. I've seen the expensive ones that clip on your handlebars and are designed for bikes, but I can't make myself pay the money. I was going to do basically what Easy said and get a cheap sports watch from Walmart with a velcro band and strap it to the bars. They're usually waterproof and if it gets stolen (who'd steal that?) and/or destroyed somehow, I may only be out $4-5.

I haven't done it yet though.

Edit: DOH! We said the same thing.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Back when I had my Ninja, I just used some waterproof double sided tape and stuck the face of a $5 digital watch in a mathching color to a visible area. It worked for about a year until it finally melted in the sun one afternoon.
You could do that.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
Graydog

I have one on mine. I move it from bike to bike as I trade. It is one of those 1 lb. chrome "made for a big cruiser" thingies that mounts over bolt heads. But you can't have it. :tongue:
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Back when I had my Ninja, I just used some waterproof double sided tape and stuck the face of a $5 digital watch in a mathching color to a visible area. It worked for about a year until it finally melted in the sun one afternoon.
You could do that.
A great pennytech solution. Just create a flat spot somewhere to mount the watch face.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #10
Newbiker08

Um, just spitballing here, but how about this idea? Wear a watch. Not trying to be a jackass here but, I think it is a better idea for several reasons.

1) I have plenty of time to check my watch at a stop light if I need to know what time it is.
2) If I'm out just driving for fun I don't care what time it is unless its time to eat, pee or pull over for a smoke and rest the butt.
3) If your in constantly moving traffic on your commute, where you can't check your watch, wouldn't a clock reminding you that your running late be a bad thing? For me when driving my cage I know If I start running late I start trying to make up time. Usually by speeding , or doing other stupid things. I'd rather ride safe and show up late than not show up at all.

Just my opinion though.