Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 01-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
michael666

White wall tires for the gz 250?

hi there. i've been searching hi and low for some whitewall tires that would fit the gz 250, but with no luck

the closest thing i found was some avon venom tires, but they are too wide, and i don't really like the "race" style pattern on it.

so, what is your experience with this? have you seen any white walls for this little bike, or don't they exist at all in the correct size?

and yes, i know some would probably say that this doesn't belong on the gz 250, but i don't agree. and to underline my point i have made a quick example of af gz with whitewalls in photoshop. i can't remember where i got the photo, but i think it might have been in here actually, so thanks for the beautiful picture to whoever own's this bike. anyway, behold the beauty of this simple mod on a gz 250:

i am definitely going for this! :cool:

but, whitewall tires in the right size? where to get 'em? anyone? :??:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: White wall tires for the gz 250?

Looks cool but unlikely you will find actual WW tires for the bike. My only suggestion is painting your own with an appropriate paint for the job.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
michael666

been there, done that. i tried ww paint and those f*... loose whitewalls (portawalls) on my car, and neither is going anywhere near my bike. both are horrible.

but i found this company that can vulcanize (or whatever it's called) actual whitewalls on any car tire the same way that real whitewalls are made, as far as i understood anyway. i have just emailed them to find out if they can do the same with a motorcycle tire, i sure hope so.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Gotta feeling the price of the finished product will make your hair stand on end.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
Orpheus

I bet it can be done. I've just looked around a little and I've found a couple that might work. I know that you don't need to follow the exact specifications on tire size that Suzuki lists for this bike (my tires are a different size than stock), but I'm too tired right now to look for specifics. Somebody else might know offhand what alternate sizes you can look for. I'll check around again in the morning.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
michael666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I bet it can be done. I've just looked around a little and I've found a couple that might work. I know that you don't need to follow the exact specifications on tire size that Suzuki lists for this bike (my tires are a different size than stock), but I'm too tired right now to look for specifics. Somebody else might know offhand what alternate sizes you can look for. I'll check around again in the morning.
ok, please let me know if you find something.

in the meantime i got an answer from the tire company (on a sunday, good service so far) and they said it could be done, but could not give me an exact price before they knew which tires and how wide a whitewall i wanted on it. but for car tires the price is about 3 times the price of a normal tire. so it's expensive, but then again, it makes a huge difference to the overall look of the bike. at least it's nice to know it can be done if you can't buy any stock whitewalls. :cool:
Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
wee228

that looks awesome, did u go for it?? post some pics if u did.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM   #8
mole2

I like the look of the whitewalls. So, why don't you do a poll here and find out how many might be interested, then you can relay the info to him and see what he would supply the tires already with whitewalls to the memebers here. You might be able to knock down the price with more volume.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
T-Selwyn-Davis

I have looked everywhere for a pair! If you guys find anything that isnt ludicrously expensive then im in!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
alantf

White wall tryres, plus an Indian fender (see gadgets & farkles) mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sounds interesting! :2tup: