Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
New GZ250

McCuff No Spill Motorcycle Fill System

Just arrived in the mail today, here in California in most areas the gas nozzle has a boot on it to catch gas vapors to save our environment. Seems more than half the stations I can't get any gas in my tank. I can't get a proper fit with the vapor recovery boot on my tank, this is so for both my bikes. I have read good reviews about the mcCuff, going to give it a try and will get back to all. I just filled my tank today so I will report when I tank up. Hope it makes my life easier, plus it is suppose to protect from spill by over filling.

It was about $25.00 delivered, sales tax etc.

http://www.mccuff.com/

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: McCuff No Spill Motorcycle Fill System

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
Hope it makes my life easier, plus it is suppose to protect from spill by over filling.
I've seen quite a few reports on them and the reports seem to be about 50/50....love/hate.
I don't remember any that said ho-hum.
Not having any personal experience, I don't know what the difference IS causing the wide range of opinions.

As for not being able to get gas IN......I think most riders use a 2 handed approach; one holding the lever and the other pulling the boot back so that you can SEE what is going in. Somewhat awkward but it works.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
alantf

Shakes head wearily at things that can happen ONLY in America. EVERYWHERE else in the world seems to manage quite happily & successfully without this boot thingy. :??:

Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Don't know the exact dimensions but why do I want to try the upper portion of a bleach bottle to see if it works. $25 for a round piece of plastic is kinda silly.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Don't know the exact dimensions but why do I want to try the upper portion of a bleach bottle to see if it works. $25 for a round piece of plastic is kinda silly.
Good idea, but a bleach bottle doesn't come with a carrying case that is top notch. Yes it's plastic, but if I can't pump "1" drop of gas at more than half the stations I have attempted to tank up at, it's worth $25.00 to me. If the McCuff wasn't available, I would of tried the McBleach or even the McWater Warrior. Might even use a McFunnel. Come to think about it a piece of plywood with a hole in it would work. McPlywood, basically you just need a hole to put that thing thru and start pumping, hole must be proper diameter though. :curse:

Please don't take my post too seriously, your idea of the bleach bottle was a good one! :2tup:

Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #6
dentheman

I had forgotten about the boots. In Texas we had those dang boots on all the nozzles back when they first came out, but I haven't seen one in years. I think most people didn't like them, so when the boots finally split or cracked they weren't replaced. At least around where I live. I must say that thing is expensive for what it is, IMO.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #7
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
I had forgotten about the boots. In Texas we had those dang boots on all the nozzles back when they first came out, but I haven't seen one in years. I think most people didn't like them, so when the boots finally split or cracked they weren't replaced. At least around where I live. I must say that thing is expensive for what it is, IMO.
Cheap at twice the price!
:tongue:
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
mrlmd1

Do you hide it under the seat? Is there enough room in there? Or is it in it's bag strapped to your bars so someone can swipe it, just 'cause they can?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Do you hide it under the seat? Is there enough room in there? Or is it in its bag strapped to your bars so someone can swipe it, just 'cause they can?
McCuff comes with a "very" nice bag, it has a very strong velcro strap, I attached it on the frame (behind the side panel) just behind the seat on the side I gas up on. If you're not looking for it, I doubt it really is noticeable, kinda blends I don't think anyone will swipe, nor am I worried about it. Nobody has gotten into my saddle bags and borrowed anything permanently. Think it would fit under the seat if the tool bag was removed.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
alanmcorcoran

McCuff No Spill Motorcycle Fill System

What Easy said... All you have to do is pull pack the vapor catcher and you can fill to the tippy top. I've been to 18 gas stations in 14 counties in the last six days and got gas in every one of them.