Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
New GZ250

Re: McCuff No Spill Motorcycle Fill System

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":1otv1uvm
Yamaha sells a similar device for 19.95.
So does Harley Davidson for 19.95, called the "Fill-N-Go fuel tank funnel". I also found it on Ebay. HD claims it prevents splashback and allows the tank to fill before nozzle shuts off. I didn't comprehend that from the McCuff website. I can see where it might be handy if splashback or incomplete filling are actual problems.
I think it is just one of those things you never knew you needed until you were told. Sort of like a pet rock. Some one wants your money and that's all there is to it.[/quote:1otv1uvm]

You do not know what you are taking about unless you have used it.!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #22
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
What Easy said... All you have to do is pull pack the vapor catcher and you can fill to the tippy top. I've been to 18 gas stations in 14 counties in the last six days and got gas in every one of them.
You sound like a ballon head, 14 counties, if you want to fill your tank to the maximum with one click this product works. Sounds like you are not open to new ideas or new products. Why the F would you want to pull the boot back and have to look as the tank is filling so you do not over fill the tank and spill gas over your tank/bike. You have a closed mind. The product works and makes filling the tank simple.

I was hoping with my post that the forum members would say, looks like an interesting idea/product, please tell us how it works. It is a great product for a $25.00 piece of plastic. As many people on this forum you are not open to new ideas.

Keep lifting the boot my friend!
:fu:
Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #23
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
You sound like a ballon head, 14 counties, if you want to fill your tank to the maximum with one click this product works.
So does LOOKING into the tank and that is FREE.

Speaking of baloon heads, what would you call a person who pays $25 for a 50 CENT piece of plastic ??

I'm glad you like it but there is no reason to take shots at folks who rightfully point out that it is 100% unnecessary.

What the hell was it that got your panties all in a bunch all of a sudden ???? :??:

Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Quote:
What Easy said... All you have to do is pull pack the vapor catcher and you can fill to the tippy top. I've been to 18 gas stations in 14 counties in the last six days and got gas in every one of them.
You sound like a ballon head, 14 counties, if you want to fill your tank to the maximum with one click this product works. Sounds like you are not open to new ideas or new products. Why the F would you want to pull the boot back and have to look as the tank is filling so you do not over fill the tank and spill gas over your tank/bike. You have a closed mind. The product works and makes filling the tank simple.

I was hoping with my post that the forum members would say, looks like an interesting idea/product, please tell us how it works. It is a great product for a $25.00 piece of plastic. As many people on this forum you are not open to new ideas.

Keep lifting the boot my friend!
:fu:
Well, good to know that GZ250 is back and demonstrating to the rest of us buffoons proper forum etiquette!! I don't suppose it's worth discussing, but spilling gas and/or filling my tank has never been an issue for me. I am glad you are happy with your device. My original comment was in response to your statement "I can't fill my gas tank" which, in retrospect, was probably hyperbole that I missed. My thanks, of course, was a middle finger...
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #25
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
You sound like a ballon head, :fu:
Is a balloonhead the same as an airhead? I'm not familiar with this slur. I always thought of myself as more of a douchebag, but, then again, I guess I should be more open to "new ideas."

Anyone else in California having trouble putting gas in their tank without spilling it all over the bike?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #26
music man

Quote:
Anyone else in California having trouble putting gas in their tank without spilling it all over the bike?

I only have one gas station that i have ever had a problem with, I have a friend that lives about 80 miles south of me, I go visit him every couple of months or so and i usually take my bike, this gas station i used to stop at that was on the way, the damn nozzles don't hold back the left over gas from the last person who used it very well, and I quit stopping there at all, because until you have rode 40-50 miles non stop then seen gas dripping down on your piping hot engine a few times, well... you just haven't lived.

Other than that I don't think i have ever spilled more than a drop or two the entire 5 years I have been riding, and I fill er' to the cap everytime.

And that little gadget of his wouldn't help at that gas station one bit, so I guess I don't need it.