Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: Vulcan Saddle bags fit GZ?

I remember reading mixed reviews about the PC. Some testers liked it, others thought is was just too far out to catch on. What the hey, if you like a smooth looking shape, a sweetheart of an engine that can do it all and no GW size and weight....................Honda built it just for you.
I see the odd one come through my neck of the woods and they are really nice up close and personal.
Hey Doc, what if any are the maintenance woes with the PC?? Besides the obvious removal of tupperware.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Get a bike like my Honda PC800 - can carry lots of groceries and other "stuff" in it's built-in trunk.

The Harley guys go nuts when they see how much beer you can carry in there.
Line either side with a plastic bag, fill it with ice and beer cans. Dayum you can party for days on that. lol

Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
mrlmd1

Routine oil changes are about the only thing you have to do. It has a shaft drive, so no chain to muss with, and hydraulic valves so nothing to do there either. Honda designed it as a low maintenance machine, and going on the forums, there are very little in the way of problems with them. They have become a cult bike over the years (made between '89 and '97) and it's followers are extremely loyal and dedicated, and the forum is as nice and as helpful as this one.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Routine oil changes are about the only thing you have to do. It has a shaft drive, so no chain to muss with, and hydraulic valves so nothing to do there either. Honda designed it as a low maintenance machine, and going on the forums, there are very little in the way of problems with them. They have become a cult bike over the years (made between '89 and '97) and it's followers are extremely loyal and dedicated, and the forum is as nice and as helpful as this one.
Sounds like the designers were told to make it right or spend a lifetime working in a shop maintaining their mistakes. We need more bikes like the PC.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #25
Skunkhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Rear seat removal is a piece of cake. Pull off the drivers seat first just for better viewing of the rear seat front portion. Remove the "1" bolt holding the tail end of the rear seat. Doh.........Now I've forgotten the rest. Either wiggle the seat in a backward motion or unbolt the front end. Gotta be one of the two.
It's 2 bolts (recessed allen head) at the front of the seat, and one at the back. Easy, just like you said.
Just don't drop one in the shop like I did. I have not found it yet and the replacement was $5 USD.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #26
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkhome
Just don't drop one in the shop like I did. I have not found it yet and the replacement was $5 USD.
Surely, any bolt will do, so long as it's the same size (metric). Even if you want them all to match, a set will cost a lot less from the local DIY store. They don't have to be allen head, that's just the style Suzuki fitted.