Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 06-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #71
Fawlty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
. I seem to have lost the passion for riding and moding but it will likely improve with more riding and tinkering with stuff.

You've been having a rough time WW. You WILL get through it and it WILL improve. Ride and Tinker as often as you can and the passion WILL return, slowly but surely. Stay with it. We are with you on this.

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #72
Vegas Street Rider

Hang in there WW. The ebb and flow of one's psyche is normal. I have a passion for a lot of different things and my interest for one or the other peaks at different times. I would bet your excitement for riding will come back soon. How about a road trip?
Old 06-22-2016, 01:32 AM   #73
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
How about a road trip?
No road trips except in the Ranger right now. Might do some overnighters if and when I get some bags on the bike. At the moment I am SOL with my body. Pulled something in my right shoulder and to top it off my back decided to revisit some old bruised discs that have not bother me since 2006. And yes, I'm doing therapy and what not.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #74
Vegas Street Rider

Take care of yourself. I can relate to the aches and pains that the so-called "Golden Years" bring. I would like to turn in my back for a new one.

On another note, our riding has been limited recently due to the heat here. The coolest day we have seen for a week was 104 degrees. It was 114 and 115 two days prior to today. By the time I get home from work, I am medium rare.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:18 AM   #75
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Take care of yourself. I can relate to the aches and pains that the so-called "Golden Years" bring. I would like to turn in my back for a new one.

On another note, our riding has been limited recently due to the heat here. The coolest day we have seen for a week was 104 degrees. It was 114 and 115 two days prior to today. By the time I get home from work, I am medium rare.
Wow, that is just too hot for this old guy. I would be living in my a/c Ranger.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #76
Vegas Street Rider

My wife uses the car as I am strictly a two wheeler. The years riding up north toughened me up to tolerate just about any weather conditions. My biggest concern in the heat is the wear and tear on the air cooled GZ. I automatically change to a 20/50 weight oil in early June because I know what's coming.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #77
Water Warrior 2

Just a quick update. Have not done any of my projects on the bike. Just some short rides and mid night coffee runs into Vancouver.

But the bike will be finished for spring. It now lives in my apt with me where there is heat, adequate light and a coffee pot. All my tools are handy too. Driving lights will be working, air horn will be installed, Nelson-Rigg textile saddle bags will be on and some floor boards to replace the foot pegs.

Oh yeah. I got some black reflective tape to put on the bike. It is black like the bike but shines a brilliant white when light hits it. I have some on my helmet.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #78
Vegas Street Rider

Look forward to seeing the finished project.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #79
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Look forward to seeing the finished project.
Me too. And I get to ride it come spring.

Something I discovered is the amount of energy required to move a 500 lb bike on a carpeted floor.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #80
burkbuilds

Post some pics when you get it all finished up.