Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
greatmaul

Re: HELLO from new lady rider Nashville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCounselor4u
What type of tires did you put on your bike and what type of driving do you do?
Hi! I ordered tires from "Motorcycle Superstore" and went with Pirelli. The tire that fits the front is a Pirelli Sport Demon, size 110/90-16, http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ront-Tire.aspx and the rear one is a Pirelli MT66 Route Tire, size 130/90-15. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch Those are the stock tire sizes. They have "preferred installers" and free shipping, and will ship them to their shops so you can just ride over and the tires will be waiting. Saves having to drive the tires over in the car first. Also, that kind of eliminates the possibility that the installer will be mad you didn't buy from them, since they sign up to provide this service for m.s.

I'm pretty much a commuter, but I ride on a variety of surfaces. When I take the bike, it is about an hour and 45 minutes each way (170 miles round trip mostly freeway, but I live in the hills so the first/last 20 minutes or so is twisty mountain roads and the first/last 5 minutes or so is on a gravel/dirt road.

If your tires really are 11 years old, I'd definitely replace them. I'm sure whichever brand you picked, the new rubber would be wonderful. I didn't realize at first that my tires were old, so I drove them for a few weeks and I was always afraid of cornering and never really felt secure or comfortable in a turn. Once I got the new rubber, troubles were over, and cornering, even at speed, is a breeze.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #22
Jvacustoms

I have the same tires as greatmaul and i like em better than the stock metzlers that came on it
Old 12-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #23
mole2

Quote:
... 2. I have read online that Seafoam is a good additive for my gas tank-can you comment on that ...
If you're having a problem then I would recommend you try Seafoam first before tearing down the carb as from what I can tell you'll be paying a mechanic to do it. I put Stabil in all my equipment including the boat and motorcycle with every fill up. I had it happen to me where I had put 85 gallons of fuel in my boat and then, due to an injury to my back, I couldn't use it for a year. If I hadn't put the Stabil in the fuel would have gone bad. It's a small cost to prevent gumming up and the breakdown of the fuel. You're only going to put 2 oz of Stabil in with each fill up so a bottle will last a while.

That's my story and I stand by it. :biggrin:

Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
blaine

Quote:
I have read online that Seafoam is a good additive for my gas tank-can you comment on that;
I use SeaFoam in all my vehicles & swear by it.It is both a stabilizer and a cleaner,and IMHO,well worth the extra money over similar products.
:cool:

Old 12-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
Gz Rider