Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 03-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Re: Log your rides

Looks like the Honda can hold it's own for cornering. Do the Ninjette next. Hmm, just curious Patrick but do the brakes always sound that loud ? Could be the mic is just in the right location to pick it up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #42
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Yes, they are getting to be a little "grindy" sounding. I have to get it on a stand. This was the first ride out of winterizing for it though, so there's still plenty to do before the riding season really kicks into gear for me.

BTW, there's already a video of the Ninja on that parking lot, but the quality sucks hard. I have a few more camera angles I can do on the Ninja, so it'll be more fun to watch.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #43
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Took another "spirited" ride out today, but on the Ninja this time. Hopefully will have video up this evening, but for now, here are some caps. This is from one of the few hot laps around the same parking lot as the last few times.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #44
patrick_777

Video up from today's ride.

WW, here's a couple of laps with the Ninja.

[youtube:2fsikre6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RpKicj7Fs[/youtube:2fsikre6]
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #45
Water Warrior 2

Thank you Patrick. I enjoyed the ride along. For a 250 it sure gets out and goes like a bat. It may not win the horsepower race but the fun factor is right up there.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #46
patrick_777

After riding the Shadow and SV650 for a while, the Ninja was a LOT easier to toss around. Felt like I was riding a bicycle.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #47
Water Warrior 2

It was beautiful day today. Sunshine, warm temps, no heated gear required. In the Ranger.............bah humbug.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #48
patrick_777

I was able to wear my mesh jacket. It got up to 68 and is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. My plans aren't for as much riding as maintenance this weekend though. I don't like going too far without giving the engines and bikes a good wrench-lovin'.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #49
Water Warrior 2

Dammit Patrick, you are making me feel guilty. I keep putting off the search for the air filter buried in the Vstrom. It would be warm enough to tinker on bikes but also warm enough to ride. Decisions decisions.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #50
patrick_777

I don't like to go far from home in the front of the season without thoroughly digging around and making sure they're up to the task. If I do maintenance on the first nice weekend, then I know every other nice weekend after that will be free from any possible worry. Besides, I kinda enjoy it.