Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Evil Sibhod

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Sibhod Send a message via AIM to Evil Sibhod Send a message via MSN to Evil Sibhod Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Sibhod
2003 Blue Ohio

03' Blue, 5XXX miles, only 2 small 'scratches' on the front fender, about an inch long. She has 2 Boulevard side-mount Saddle Bags, windshield, and new battery. I'm asking 2500, but if I don't get any offers until like mid April I can go lower, as I'm upgrading to my brothers Yamaha V-Star Classic, but it's all the way up in Milwaukee, and I'm in Bellbrook Ohio. My mom has a "toy-hauler" which I haven't seen personally, but it's like an RV with a separate compartment thing with a ramp made to haul your Motorcycles or ATV's ect... so maybe if you're on the way from Bellbrook Ohio to Indianapolis or Milwaukee we can work something out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: 2003 Blue Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sibhod
She has 2 Boulevard side-mount Saddle Bags, fairing, and new battery.
Good looking bike.....for being 6 years old!

Hope you aren't advertising it "with fairing" because that would be misleading; that is a windshield. :roll:

And the windshield should be tilted back just a bit at the top. Standing up like that, it will catch a LOT of wind......and possibly make the front end feel unstable.

Hope you get the price you're asking. Seems a tad high to me but then you have some room to negotiate!!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Evil Sibhod

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Sibhod Send a message via AIM to Evil Sibhod Send a message via MSN to Evil Sibhod Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Sibhod

Thanks
who said anything about a fairing?....
After a google search I've decided a fairing would be like... something that has a windshield built into it with new lights and it covers your hands?

Yeah I'm super willing to negotiate, as I really want to get her sold soon because I've been doing monthly payments to my brother, but I would like to send him a nice big chunk of change to get it all paid off

Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sibhod
who said anything about a fairing?....
After a google search I've decided a fairing would be like... something that has a windshield built into it with new lights and it covers your hands?
Yes, at minimum, that would be called a half fairing. Lights are optional and depend on the design.
A full would also extend downward a bit and deflect some wind off your legs too.

And you can't fool us; the system tags your post with the date and time it was edited !!! :biggrin:
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Evil Sibhod

ahh thats cool.

And uhh that edit was to fix a typo.. I forgot to caps something.. yeah.

Well Since I've had one person say that $2500 was pretty high, I'll negotiate with any offers I get.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
mr. softie

The $2500 is in the ballpark, I wouldn't let it go too cheap. With fuel prices sure to go up there are going to be a lot of folks looking for 70+mpg. I'd say it is worth $2000 anyway, if all the mechanicals, tires etc. are good.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #7
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
With fuel prices sure to go up
o.k. ......... What've you heard that I've missed? I must have had my head buried in the sand!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. softie
With fuel prices sure to go up
o.k. ......... What've you heard that I've missed? I must have had my head buried in the sand!
Yes, maybe. :biggrin:

I think his reference is to a general trend rather than any specific prediction.
World demand is still rising.....long term trend....and refining capacity is not.
Many economists predict inflation after/if the "recession" is over.
Worst case is that we have inflation BEFORE the economy picks up again.

I don't think anybody, in their right mind, thinks fuel prices will go down.....and stay there for very long.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
Evil Sibhod

Does a 16-T front sprocket mod increase value at all? or just appeal to the masses
Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
adrianinflorida

not really, it can be a feature (increased bottom end) but it's not an expensive upgrade, as sprockets are wear items anyway.