Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
Road crud and pants

My GF suggested that I not wear my work pants when driving back and forth to work due to the possibilty of crud being kicked up from the road and staining my pants.
I work at a community college in IT and don't want to be walking around school with stains on my pants.
My question is this:
Is this something I should worry about? How common is it to get crap on your pants while riding?
If it's something i need to worry about I'll just wear some old jeans and change my pants after and before riding. If I do I'll have to leave home a few minutes earlier to have time to change each morning.

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
music man

It happens to me from time to time. Not so much when it hasn't rained for a while, but you never know when you are going to go through a wet patch from a sprinkler or some dirt or mud on the road, or even grease and oil slung off your chain. So yes you could definitely get your pants dirty but not frequently(at least in my experience). Also when the pollen was real heavy earlier in the year I would get somewhere and realize the front of the shin section of my jeans and my boots would be nice and greenish yellow looking(would not be pretty on dress type pants).
Old 08-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Magnar Infectus

Send a message via ICQ to Magnar Infectus Send a message via AIM to Magnar Infectus Send a message via MSN to Magnar Infectus Send a message via Yahoo to Magnar Infectus
Ok. Good to know. I'll plan on changing my pants before and after work.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
You could get a pair of mesh overpants for the summer...or chaps. They would protect your pants from road spray and also add some protection from a fall. They're usually easy to zip off and store on the bike too.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
You could get a pair of mesh overpants for the summer...or chaps. They would protect your pants from road spray and also add some protection from a fall. They're usually easy to zip off and store on the bike too.

That is the kind of thing I have been wanting, so when you get somewhere you can take off the overpants, and not be dressed like you have been riding a motorcycle.

Later :rawk:

Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Jer

Got a link to some pants like that?

Anyone here got any? Reviews?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Icon ARC Mesh overpants - $115

Joe Rocket Ballistic 7 - $134

MotoBoss Sahara Waterproof - $75 - Note: I have a pair of these and the armor hangs low for my knees, but they are nice to have and cheap.

Edit: The link for the Motoboss pants goes to Cyclegear's homepage. Just search Motoboss on their site to find them. They don't like direct links apparently.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Jer

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #9
Magnar Infectus

Hmm... a tad pricey for me at the moment. I may put one of those on my x-mas list. For now I'll just settle for changing my pants before and after work.