Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsRedLineRacer View Post
Is there any way to start it without the battery? The battery i have has 12 amps instead of 6 and blew the fuses before i realized it.

will this fit the gz250 (their fitment guide says yes.) what do you guys think? Mine has a broken looking glass. In my opinion needs to be replaced to avoid the risk of it catching air and possibly locking.Would my assumption be correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-Br...d23f21&vxp=mtr
You won't lock up the brake but you have a definite chance of having no brakes at all. The system needs to be sealed properly to work. Buy the sight glass before you ride. You do need both brakes working properly to be safe. A rear brake only will get you killed or maimed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 PM   #12
JsRedLineRacer

The battery should get here today but im 99.9% sure that i didn't mix up the terminals. i had used some thin wires with alligator clips but it didn't seem to transfer enough current to start the bike. would barely turn over. i will look into the sight glass i know how important the front brakes are! Fingers crossed hoping everything goes good tonight i will post some more pics maybe a video once i get it running. thanks for everything.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #13
JsRedLineRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
The amount of battery amps would not blow the fuses.Hooking it up backwards would blow the fuses & hopefully nothing else ( Like ECU).Make sure you have + going to + & = to =.That cylinder looks like it will fit.But you can buy the sight glass separately.

I was looking in ebay and couldn't find the sight glass. under what name do you suggest i search? thanks

Old 12-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsRedLineRacer View Post
I was looking in ebay and couldn't find the sight glass. under what name do you suggest i search? thanks
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/one-sight-gla...dfa837&vxp=mtr

Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
JsRedLineRacer

Very happy. As expected it turned on. Now im thinking of doing a fresh oil change, however it worries me that I have some white smoke coming out from where the headers connect to the motor. Should I worry or is this normal? Bike has sat for about 1 year.

After further inspection/ test drive it seems to be leaking oil. Around the top. Is there a seal there that I could change? I also backfire like there is no tomorrow. Will this get fixed once I put on original pipe on?

Also sometimes it just clicks but nothing happens. Will do this a few times then start.

Last edited by JsRedLineRacer; 12-18-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #16
raul10141964

is normal and the valves cover leak on top of the left header
Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
JsRedLineRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul10141964 View Post
is normal and the valves cover leak on top of the left header
yes thats exacly where its leaking. will that stop? or do i need to replace something?

which part is normal the smoke the backfire or both?

dying to ride it to work tomorrow even though its extremeley loud
Old 12-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
raul10141964

if you have open pipes and don't re-jet the carb will make the engine run very lean causing the back fires, to fix the leak you mead to remove the valve corer and reapply the RTV silicon
Old 12-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #19
blaine

If you put the original muffler back on you will eliminate the backfiring.If you run it with the straight pipe without re-jetting you risk burning a valve.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
JsRedLineRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
If you put the original muffler back on you will eliminate the backfiring.If you run it with the straight pipe without re-jetting you risk burning a valve.

So if I decide to rejet while I wait for the exhaust would a 135 work? Would I need to change any of the other ones?
or should I just be patient? It was making a funny noise from the valves from time to time wich makes me scared that im running extra lean.

I will probably be ordering the pipe tonight and tomorrow doing an oil change and adding a sealant to the valve cover.