Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 08-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

WOW, that must have got your heart pumping. Glad there was no serious damage to you or the bike. Just a thought here. We all know that we should wait for the rain to wash the roads clean of oil and other slippery stuff before rain riding. However in this case I think you got caught out by all the stuff collecting near the bottom of the hill. Traction would have gotten progressively worse closer to the bottom of the hill. Is it possible this happened ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
Moedad

Wooo, glad you're okay, Jib. Is Tacoma less rainy than other parts of the Seattle area? I guess it rains less in the summer. We don't get rain here. We get unmeasurable drizzle. Sometimes.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 AM   #13
Jer

Yikes!

Glad you're alright!!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #14
JIBTEXHNKA

Send a message via AIM to JIBTEXHNKA
holy crap let's take this one step at a time

magnar: you're just jealous. hills mean windy roads going up and down them and that means fun. when it's not raining, that is.

easy: i was going so slow it's ridiculous, but maybe that was still too fast. these aren't your grandma's hills we're talking about.

music man: how dare you remember my unsafe driving habits and bring them up at a time like this! you know i wear my gloves when it's cold and i can't text well with gloves on. lollerblades

alan: thank you for recognizing my superior skills, it's about time i got some respect around here. yeah riiiiiiiiight. although i must admit i was pretty excited about it. and as a matter of fact i have a beer or three right here so hang on a sec... ok i just toasted myself. and you're right about wet roads. sometimes it feels great and you can ride like normal and other times you feel like some big dude is gonna jump out of the bushes and knock you over. maybe not that exactly, but you know what i mean

5th bike: adrenalin(e) rocks. it pretty much makes you better at everything. as for lane position, i honestly can't say, and that makes me think it was probably the middle. which makes sense. i'll try extra hard to avoid that next time.

squirtle: i know what you mean, but i was right near the top of the hill and it had been raining for at least an hour so i don't think that's what happened

moedad: no. i think we actually get more rain than seattle. i remember reading somewhere that seattle actually gets less rain than most of the surrounding areas, but that could be a lie.

everyone else: thanks for caring!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #15
alanmcorcoran

You sir, win my...

...Best Post Crash Attitude award.

Okay, so perhaps it wasn't the most gruesome of the last ten reported here, and you didn't snap, fracture, hyperextend or crush anything, but you seem positively unfazed, which I hope I can be after I experience what everyone is calling an inevitability. (Plus I'd like to skip the snap, crackle, pop part, too...)