Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: SS32 Windshield for Accessories International

Hope you are not speaking from experience. (Pretty sure I would be the chick in that situation...)

Here's my dilemma: I already ordered a slipstreamer. And, having received it, I can assure you, installation is not out of my mechanical range. Far easier than a gas barbecue grill, for instance. The issue was, it arrived missing one of the important parts (because the sheet metal parts had all torn away and fallen off the shrink wrapped cardboard holder - one of which worked it's way out of the bottom of the box and escaped into the UPS warehouse), and with the wrong mounting kit (about a 3/8 inch in diameter larger than my fork tubes.)

Plus, the one of the holes in the main sheet metal strip was misaligned with the corresponding hole/grommet in the windshield. I could have forced it (actually, I DID force it) but the screw was at a 45 degree angle and I could tell the grommet would be gone in about a week.)

So how can I repeat the above without setting myself up for "Fool me twice...? "

(It's not about the money... I'm just sensitive about looking like a f*cking idiot any more than necessary...)

(If I get ass raped by the dealer at least I can go be a dick about any installation issues in person...)

(Remember, I got ass raped, mouth raped and any other kind of rape you can think of when I bought the thing, but I can still sit on it for long periods of time without any mental trauma. Money don't buy happiness, but I guess it can serve as life's little lubricant. I *do* get a little twinge "down there" every time one of these newbs crows about picking one up for $1200 from the dumbass neighbor lady.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
Easy Rider

Re: SS32 Windshield for Accessories International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Going through the dealer ... they will ass rape you like you were a new inmate at a prison.
BTDT.....self inflicted ! :crackup

Different "strokes" for different folks! :biggrin: