Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 10-26-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
ImaginativeFig

Erm, Hi Folks!

The other day I was hanging out at a (sorta) bike shop, missing Cooter when I suddenly had a jolt of guilt realizing that I don't think I ever said anything before falling off the forum...
In December Cooter actually got hit in a parking lot, bending at least one of the forks a bit, but otherwise not too bad, that was actually on graduation day. Then it was a flurry of packing, a ill-fated road trip across country (taking and breaking 3 different cars), and a couple of farewell tours before grabbing my bags and heading off to Tanzania for the Peace Corps. We're not even allowed to ride as passengers on motorcycles here, but I occasionally hang out with mechanics and alternatingly stand in awe of and wince at their work-with-what-you got middle of nowhere Africa solutions.
Coot's unfortunately sitting in disuse in my mom's carport, as far as I know. Before he got hurt, there was some talk of my mom learning to ride and riding him, but again, as far as I know, she hasn't gotten around to fixing him. :/

Sooo... how're things with you people?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-27-2015, 03:08 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

So that's where you are. Sorry to hear the bike got munched up.

What kind of work are you doing in the Peace Corp?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:44 AM   #3
gz4me +

We have missed you on the forum. Happy to hear from you. Sounds like cooter knew you were leaving and wanted some attention. (Ha!Ha!) WOW!! When you move you really go for it. Hope you keep us posted on your work and travels. Would like to hear about the bike shops and how they keep things going. When I was growing up, I used to go down the block and spend time with a guy who worked at a gas station. I only knew him by lefty.(right arm lost when truck tire blew up.) I was always amazed how he made parts from scrap metal laying around. Enough of that. Keep us in the loop and tell cooter Hi for us.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #4
ImaginativeFig

Haha, yeah, I went to college in Texas from Oregon, I couldn't have my post high school move outdo my post college move, now could I?

I'll try to get a pic of Athumani's shop next time I'm there It's in the next town over, but I'm borrowing a book from one of the other mechanics, so I have to go back... eventually... heh.
I saw one Suzuki my first or second month in country. If I remember right, it was a GN. But mostly they have brands I've never heard of here, like Kinglion and... I can't remember the other one right now... oh well. Pretty sure they're from China, like everything else.

I'm supposed to be an agriculture volunteer... but I prefer to claim I'm an environmental volunteer, since I don't actually have experience growing things, I just studied some sciencey crap related to growing things... but right now my main gig is teaching life skills (decision making, communication, safer sex, don't do drugs kids) club at the local elementary school.