Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
dodie

Rear rack

Who makes a rear rack for the GZ? I have a tail bag I can use but I need a rack to put it on who sells them?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-05-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
wacio

Racks for GZ250 are expensive. I had the same dilema. No rack for now. There is guy here on the forum (CMS is his user name) selling the two piece Suzuki factory rack that is good enough to prevent saddle bags from going into rear wheel spokes. He offered it to me but I had bicycle accident so ended up not buying. I think he still is selling it.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
alantf

b52.jpg

I've got the SPAAN rack. It's a Spanish company, but there's an American license plate holder in the catalogue, so they may deliver to America, or a bike shop may be able to get you one, or you can google spaan, and see what you come up with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b52.jpg (97.6 KB, 12 views)

Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacio View Post
Racks for GZ250 are expensive. I had the same dilema. No rack for now. There is guy here on the forum (CMS is his user name) selling the two piece Suzuki factory rack that is good enough to prevent saddle bags from going into rear wheel spokes. He offered it to me but I had bicycle accident so ended up not buying. I think he still is selling it.
Waico....Will you be doing any 2 up riding? If not this pic may give you an idea or 2. The bike was only used one up so things worked out beautifully. I fashioned a flat piece to fit where the pillion seat attaches. a small top case was used and textile side bags were secured under the top case across the flat plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 044.jpg (35.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 062.jpg (96.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
blaine

Seems most Suzuki's are in the same boat.....I just paid almost $200.00 for one for my S83 1400.....Not a used one to be found.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #6
wacio

Thank you WW2. Yes I realized that if I need something more usable and ecconomical, I will have to fabricate it myself. I have enough fabrication capacity (including welder)and access to scrap materials to make it. I will post pictures once complete. I will get on it on one of the winter weekends.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacio View Post
Thank you WW2. Yes I realized that if I need something more usable and ecconomical, I will have to fabricate it myself. I have enough fabrication capacity (including welder)and access to scrap materials to make it. I will post pictures once complete. I will get on it on one of the winter weekends.
Oh neat. A real DIY kind of guy. If I were to do it again with the GZ it would be more complete and cheaper. A larger metal top plate that was wide enough to have some pieces going down to keep the bags away from the wheel. That would have saved the price of the OEM saddle bag brackets.

Folks have made their own brackets much cheaper. I thought up my idea of homemade brackets to save money after the fact. Basically I would just buy a couple cheap aluminum yard sticks and bend them into a rectangle and bolt them to the threaded holes in the underside of the chrome strips of the rear fender. $ bolts, 4 washers and 2 yard sticks would be super cheap for folks like me with little talent.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
spldart

Spare tire...
Car battery...
Cases of beer...
Home theater equipment...
This mod and the back seat with a few bungy cords will get err down the road.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
Allen Walker

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-GZ250...dXtyIu&vxp=mtr
Old 12-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #10
raider007

I like that back rest pad on the rear rack:-) great