Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 11-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #81
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
Post some pics when you get it all finished up.
Never fear BB. Pics will come and I am also willing to show any oops moments that occur. Moments of my bad decisions may help other to avoid a mishap.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #82
Water Warrior 2

Long over due update.

Still tinkering with the Honda. I have to hand it to Honda. When they design a bike it is a pretty thing but a heck of a machine to strip down. Can't figure out how to remove some side panels even with the service manual. But I did manage to get my driving light wiring harness snaked through from front to back. Actually 2 of them for future use just in case. Four wires to a harness and both were TOO Dang Short. Imagine that. Measure twice and cut once you say...........ah just start over.

So now I have one 8 wire harness with plenty of added length. I started doing the light wiring about 2 months ago on a slow schedule so I wouldn't get too busy and do something stupid. NOW I actually have the lights wired and functioning properly. I am impressed with the whole set-up. Now I have to figure out how and where some of the removed plastic bits of bike have to go back on. I don't like puzzles that much and I have a dandy puzzle here. The headlight plastic shroud and signal mounting panels are a few of the pieces. Lots of many weird pieces that fit very precisely and should not be forced into position. But first I have to tuck the wiring out of sight and under some of the plastic just below the ignition switch.

Floor boards are in place but will likely need adjusting once I start riding again. I even have a custom made heel shifter to mount behind the floor board. Many thanks to a very smart Honda owner who dreamed it up and had a few made to fit this bike.

Still need to do wiring for the air horn and determine where to mount it safely.

Have smaller sport bike Nelson-Rigg bags to go on too. They will do well for storing rain gear, a compressor, water and odds and ends. Oh yeah, I have installed a power point under the seat for the compressor too.

Time to run some much needed errands right now so I'll sign off. Pics will follow eventually when the bike is buttoned up and on the road.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #83
Water Warrior 2

Finally got the Honda out of my living room and into the under ground parking area. Still have a couple tweaks to do but nothing to stop me from riding. Pictures in a couple days if all goes well and I can figure out how to post pics on this strange and annoying laptop which I love to hate. A desktop is my weapon of choice and this goofy thing is my backup system if I can sweet talk it to cooperate.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #84
Water Warrior 2

Finally got the bike out of my living room and parked where it will live this summer. Most of the mods are done but I still have to ride to see if I accomplished to make a real bike out of this Honda. Pics to follow in a few days.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:57 AM   #85
alantf

You must have wide living room doors (or a narrow bike) I wanted to get mine into my workshop (with a normal size door) but it just won't fit through the door.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #86
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
You must have wide living room doors (or a narrow bike) I wanted to get mine into my workshop (with a normal size door) but it just won't fit through the door.
Standard apt door. Removing the mirrors and windshield made it possible. Plus I had a friend help manhandle the bike. It takes two people to shift the bike around to get the bike into the hallway and aimed at the building entrance/exit.

Final install of shield, mirrors and soft bags were done in the underground parking area. Loaded the bags with rain gear, tire repair kit, compressor, tool kit and what not.

Yesterday was a real treat. Drove the Ranger south to Horse Shoe Bay in Vancouver to meet two very good friends for coffee. The bike was not an option as they had 2 24x18 framed pics that are destined for one of my walls. Had a wonderful visit and we parted company. Drove home in time to meet the regular coffee crowd at noon in Squamish. Then at 2 pm I fired up the bike for the first ride of the year. It was quite an experience. I just might have made the Honda a rideable bike for me. The floor boards made such a difference that I am amazed. No more fighting to keep my feet on the pegs that were too far forward for me and made shifting and rear braking such a PITA.

Road North up to Whistler for a coffee and had a great first ride. Very comfy and relaxing. Having raised the fork tube up 1 inch in the triples has made the steering just a little better in the curves and almost a bit sporty but not real sporty like I had with my Vstrom in years gone by. The Vstrom with a fork brace and raised fork tubes could compete with sport bikes in the curves. I never did find the bikes limits with sticky tires.

So I had a great day overall and the future is bright. Just a couple more tweaks to the adjustable Madstad windshield and I should be done for a while.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #87
burkbuilds

WW, glad you got the Honda ride-able.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:40 AM   #88
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds View Post
WW, glad you got the Honda ride-able.
Me too BB. The weather hasn't been cooperating so I have had only one outing but it was very good. Next week should be very nice and the temps will hopefully allow a midnight coffee run with the help of the LED driving lights. I am quite anxious to see how well the road lights up.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #89
Water Warrior 2

At last. Finally got a midnight coffee run with the LED driving lights working. The lights throw a cone of light down the road and to the sides. Great for cornering. Final tweaking for alignment is forth coming. Still not sure if I will ever really like this bike but it is a good machine. Just very Vanilla sort of thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honda finished 001.jpg (90.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Honda finished 007.jpg (90.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Honda finished 009.jpg (94.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Honda finished 010.jpg (91.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #90
Water Warrior 2

Parked the bike for winter last week. A full tank of non-ethanol gas and fuel stabilizer. A half hour on the battery tender once a month and every thing will be fine till spring riding weather.