Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #11
suzukix668

the gz 250 is the best bike if you know how to take care of it myself I like the 2000 year very easy to service. I get about 95mpg she just turned 97k & looking new

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #12
TestMonkey55

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukix668 View Post
the gz 250 is the best bike if you know how to take care of it myself I like the 2000 year very easy to service. I get about 95mpg she just turned 97k & looking new

Did something change after 2000 that makes you prefer it? Why is the 2000 model very easy to service compared to newer ones?
Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #13
burkbuilds

Well, I'd love to tell you that I researched all available options before I bought my GZ, but the

truth is I was looking for a small bike and someone had a GZ for sale within driving distance

at the right price and with low miles, so that's what I bought. Now, having said that, I was

very happy with the GZ, it got mileage in the 70's for me and was easy to handle and had

the appearance of a larger bike, I learned to adjust the valves and all the other

maintenance on it and I never had any mechanical problems with it. I've never owned

either the Yamaha or the Honda 250 but I have ridden the Honda and it was significantly

smaller and didn't fit my 6'1" frame well. Other than that, I can't think of anything bad to

say about any of the three, they are all well built machines that should give you good

service and no major problems and they probably each have some area where they

outperform the other 2 but I doubt if there's a lot of difference performance wise from any

of them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2016, 01:25 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

We shouldn't forget to add the Suzuki GW250 into the mix. It is very modern and well built in China with Suzuki quality control requirements.