Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 04-02-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
Gzetero

Question Carburetor Hose

There is a hose loose in my GZ250, I crashed my motorcycle today and I am not sure if it was like this before the crash.

The hose is attached to the carburetor in one end and loose on the other. (attached picture)

I will appreciate any help and comments.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170401_130609 - copia (2).jpg (90.3 KB, 21 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzetero View Post
There is a hose loose in my GZ250, I crashed my motorcycle today and I am not sure if it was like this before the crash.

The hose is attached to the carburetor in one end and loose on the other. (attached picture)

I will appreciate any help and comments.

Thanks.
All good ...That is a drain/over flow......Hope no damage??

Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

How did you manage to crash? There could be a lesson here for all of us to learn from.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
Gzetero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine View Post
All good ...That is a drain/over flow......Hope no damage??
Thanks man, I was kind of worried. Just some bruises and scratches, no major damage to the motorcycle.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:13 AM   #5
Gzetero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
How did you manage to crash? There could be a lesson here for all of us to learn from.
I am just like two weeks into motorcycles so I am learning. I did not see a speed bump and I completely squeezed the front brake. I do not think the tire skid, my theory is that I just pulled the handle to me as a reflect. I am working on my emergency stop now.

Regards.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzetero View Post
I am just like two weeks into motorcycles so I am learning. I did not see a speed bump and I completely squeezed the front brake. I do not think the tire skid, my theory is that I just pulled the handle to me as a reflect. I am working on my emergency stop now.

Regards.
Being new to riding you "should" attend a riding school as soon as possible. Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling written by David Hough. Your life may depend on it.

I'm an old guy who never had proper lessons till I was 61 years young. Oh my did I learn a lot. Proper instruction from a qualified person is great and should be required by every rider when he/she/it wants to ride.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
Vegas Street Rider

Good advice. I rode motorcycles for 48 years self taught and when I got my motorcycle license in Nevada, I had to take a riding course. I still learned a lot of new things and have since corrected a few riding mistakes.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #8
alantf

[QUOTE= Proper instruction from a qualified person is great and should be required by every rider when he/she/it wants to ride.[/QUOTE]

In England it's The law. Before anyone can get a motorcycle licence they have to complete a course called Compulsary Basic Training.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
In England it's The law. Before anyone can get a motorcycle licence they have to complete a course called Compulsary Basic Training.
And there is the graduated system that works well. You gain power with more experience and time in the saddle.

Here anyone can do the training and then go out and buy a super bike with their brand new license in their pocket. That is just wrong.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #10
Vegas Street Rider

They are scraping up these new riders off the pavement almost daily here in Las Vegas. The power goes to their heads and they are screaming down the highway and city streets at ungodly speeds until someone pulls in front of them or they lose control. And I am not just talking about young kids. It's all ages.
Many older guys gravitate towards the Harleys. It is a big status symbol here. Bad news is that it's their first bike and they have no clue how to ride.

Tags
carburetor, hose