Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
alanmcorcoran

Re: New Member

Esay,

Its been pveron taht stneences lkie tehse, werhe olny the frist and lsat lteetr are in the rghit psoitoin can be esaliy raed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Let's let the punctuation thing go. Welcome qwesboy. I can't wait to see what your bike looks like with a decent pc job on it.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwesboy
Hey was was just bored looking around on our wonderful world wide web and came across this forum i bought my gz250 in january of 2008 but it was a brand new left over 2005 great little bike but just not enought top end for my liking if it would do 90 i would be a little more happy but its a good bike cheap insurance and a good price
Welcome qwesboy, always nice to have a new inmate in the forum.

Take EASY with a grain of salt please. He may come off as a strick old English teacher but I have to agree with him. Proper punctuation is why we went to school and is a real bonus for this old guy with less than perfect eyesight.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
mrlmd1

I'll jump in here too,
Not to rub you, but WW- what's "strick"? Did you mean "strict"?

Welcome to the club qwesboy, but it is a common courtesy to use proper language and form in trying to communicate, especially if you want someone to respond to you. It's not a generational thing, as Alan suggested, but more indicative of proper education and respect for others, IMHO. We're not talking spelling errors or typos, we're not talking about a foreigner whose primary language is not English, we're talking about proper language skills.. It seems to many that if you don't take the time to try and communicate in a proper fashion, very few will respond, which encourages you to discontinue doing it that way. Many on here feel that what is OK for texting on a cell phone for sake of expediency is not acceptable when you're writing in a thread on a forum. If you persist like this--"Well then this is how we solve this problem if you dont like how i type then just dont read it" -- that may very well happen by the members on here that could help you the most. And as an aside, if you're that seemingly sloppy and cavalier with your writing skills, what do you think the impression would be about your powder coating skills? Sometimes these impressions rub off on other areas.
Anyway, again welcome, and do what you want, but don't be too upset if people on here don't respond to you in the way you'd like if you write in that form.
Post some pictures when you're working through the bike and the end result.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #15
dan_

Send a message via AIM to dan_

Quote:
Its been pveron taht stneences lkie tehse, werhe olny the frist and lsat lteetr are in the rghit psoitoin can be esaliy raed.
ha i read that too.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 AM   #16
qwesboy

Well my powder coating skills have nothing to do with my talking skills this is a forum not a paper for some professor in some fancy school and if thats the case this forum is about riding and having a Suzuki GZ250 not about how i type so what if i hurry it up it doesnt have to be perfect and if you guys are going to focus more on how i type this out then what this forum is about then i dont want to be apart of it
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwesboy
Well my powder coating skills have nothing to do with my talking skills this is a forum not a paper for some professor in some fancy school and if thats the case this forum is about riding and having a Suzuki GZ250 not about how i type so what if i hurry it up it doesnt have to be perfect and if you guys are going to focus more on how i type this out then what this forum is about then i dont want to be apart of it
It is not about being perfect. You are certainly free to leave but you are missing a great forum dedicated to a great little bike and it's riders.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #18
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Wow. Talk about overreacting.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
music man

He doesn't realize that the way he is typing and acting might not prove or disprove anything about his powder coating skills, but it says a million things about his professionalism and common sense, he can't even realize when someone is giving him constructive criticism. Which means I wouldn't let him powder coat shit for me, because if he acts like that over punctuation, imagine what he will do if you are not happy with the powder coating job he does for you and you say something to him about it. :cuss:
Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #20
alanmcorcoran

qwesboy, dude, toughen up a bit, son! How do you hang out with bikers with such thin skin? Don't let your life be run by the grammar police. We got all kinds on the site. Sweet moms, crotchety old fussbudgets, several self proclaimed geniuses and at least one douchebag. Give it a chance - you might get to like it!
Closed Thread