Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
music man

Re: Hi New bike owner from colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim
YIKES Fish Baseball might have just changed my mind about riding. Anybody wanta buy a bike?

don't talk like that, He should have posted the story that goes along with it, that girl was wearing little clothing, on the back of someone else's bike, he was hauling ass down the highway so fast that the wind force sucked her off the back of the bike, (I don't know if you have ever seen someone riding on the back of a sportbike, but they are not exactly aerodynamic back there, and then she skidded 522 feet (which tells you one thing, THEY WERE HAULING SOME SERIOUS ASS), she was damn lucky she was wearing a helmet.

So just do like others on here have told you and learn the proper way to ride, and have respect for the fact that you are not superman, and that you are on two wheels, and you will be fine.

Oh yea and one more thing, wear as much gear as you can afford to wear.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
mole2

Quote:
YIKES Fish Baseball might have just changed my mind about riding. Anybody wanta buy a bike?
Nahhhhh...don't be that way. Take the Basic Riders Course and give it a chance. As mentioned, get some protective gear. You want boots over the ankles and something that won't come off easy. You want a helmet - either full or 3/4. A jacket with armour is desireable. Since we're going into the summer maybe a mesh jacket to start and you can get a warmer jacket in the Fall. Don't wear flimsy tops and wear heavy jeans. You'll be ok.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
5th_bike

Quote:
(I know Ms. Morrow's story from three years ago, I read it before taking the MSF class, checking the web for beginner's info. Back then she had her own web site I think it was called "roadrash queen" or similar, and it's out now. She now has a facebook or myspace or something).

... Music Man tells the right story, but didn't mention that after she got better, Brittany decided to get her own license and bike, rather than go on the passenger's seat of a speeding idiot ever again.

So, welcome, and enjoy your bike.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
music man

Oh yea I forgot to include that part 5th bike, thanks for the addition. :2tup:

I think it is also important to add that her face and head look like they came out fairly unscathed, which tells you only one thing, WEAR A HELMET!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Krazy Kraut

Hi!
I havn't been riding for 16 years and when i started again, i took the riding course. It was the best thing ever and it also will have emergency situations, which you will have to break! Riding is fun, if you wear the right gear and ride safe and looking forward: ALWAYS!!!!!!! Take short trips at first, then longer ones. If you can have a experienced buddy with you!

Just enjoy your bike and have fun! I know that all the gear gets realy hot in the summer, but i'm from Germany and that's what we all wear! Jacket, bike pants and defenetly a helmet, full face!

It will safe your skin and head!!!
Ride hard and safe
Krazy Kraut

Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #16
alanmcorcoran

I'm assuming your offer was tongue in cheek Miss Kim. Can you tell how desperate we are to have some ladies on this thing?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #17
Fish Baseball

please don't take it as me trying to scare you off the bike, as I'm sure all will agree here that it will set you free. However all good things must be taken seriously, and approached like an adult. The pic should reinforce to you that ATGATT is the way to ride. A decent jacket and good pair of kevlar jeans would have meant that she walked away from this bruised and sore, but still in one piece.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
Sarris

ATGATT is a personal choice. I find that the chances of a heat stroke here in Florida is a greater reality than an accident (at least for me).

I've been riding for the better part of 35 years and I don't wear a jacket until it gets cold, then it's leather for me.

I wear riding boots, jeans, t-shirt, and a police style DOT half helmet.

I have been in one serious accident (see the The Story) and I accept the risk.

:yes:
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
Fish Baseball

Sarris, mate thats what I'm getting at. As a new rider, be over cautious in your approach, till you have enough ride time to make the choices that are right for you. Here in Melbourne Australia, you'd be nuts to go out riding most of the year round in anything less than jeans, boots and jacket unless you want to freeze. Althou there are the peeps who ride in shorts, singlets and thongs....flip-flops, jandals, whatever you call them, not the underwear . I just don't like the idea of peeps here turning themselves into skin crayons is all.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #20
Krazy Kraut

You guys are funny!
that's what i like about a bike group! It don't matter where you are from, it's all good fun!
And by the way: I'm a female, just a krazy one! LOL

my hubby bought my baby for my birthday and i ahve always worn leather pants with jacket and full helmet! I can take the heat, it's all about the gear, baby!

ride hard or stay home!! Juhuuuuuu!